• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sunderland, Hartlepool and any other football related stuff from any league or country for season 23/24

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Well that didn't go as I'd hoped.

I'm not a fan of these extended stoppage times either. Almost like playing extra time each game.

CartyDurham

Well that didn't go as I'd hoped.

I'm not a fan of these extended stoppage times either. Almost like playing extra time each game.
It’s going to be interesting to see if the premier games are extended as well .

some really long added times today

Max D

Cricket Spectator
It’s going to be interesting to see if the premier games are extended as well .

some really long added times today
I don't mind Sunderland. Great history and fans. Much better than their aesthetically challenged sellout cousins from up the road.

I'll keep more of an eye out for them now because of this thread.

Am I right in thinking that because your top striker is injured long term, that the clubs heiracy now deem that position surplus to requirements? And won't sanction any more strikers to be bought?

CartyDurham

I don't mind Sunderland. Great history and fans. Much better than their aesthetically challenged sellout cousins from up the road.

I'll keep more of an eye out for them now because of this thread.

Am I right in thinking that because your top striker is injured long term, that the clubs heiracy now deem that position surplus to requirements? And won't sanction any more strikers to be bought?
It certainly looks that way

they need to do something before 31 august

CartyDurham

There’s talk on another forum today about the Saudi Arabia leagues are wanting to join the Euro champions league

that surely can’t happen ?

Aidan11

There’s talk on another forum today about the Saudi Arabia leagues are wanting to join the Euro champions league

that surely can’t happen ?
I had this exact thought last week. All the top players take the Saudi money to play in their league but that means no Champions League football.

The solution... Saudi buys the CL and makes it a combined European & Middle Eastern CL with eye watering prize money at stake.

I said it on another thread here a few weeks back... Saudi Arabia will own football within 10 years.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What did Sunderland fans make of Sunderland Til I Die? I thought it was by far the best of the recent football documentary series, at least of the ones I watched, but the unintentional comedy must hit differently when you're a fan.

Molehill

International Captain
What did Sunderland fans make of Sunderland Til I Die? I thought it was by far the best of the recent football documentary series, at least of the ones I watched, but the unintentional comedy must hit differently when you're a fan.
I think it helped that it was basically the first of the documentaries and everyone watched it in Lockdown. A story about a club in turmoil with a Brent like figure running it makes for far more entertaining TV.

CartyDurham

It’s not the first time Sunderland have had a documentary . There was one called Premier Passions on BBC, in the 1996/1997 season, when we were in the premier league under Peter Reid and played at Roker Park before the stadium of light existed

of course with it being Sunderland it ended badly as we were relegated with at that time a record point total of 40

in that season we beat Chelsea, Arsenal and Man United but still went down

I think it’s on Youtube if you search Premier Passions Sunderland

The Sunderland till I die Netflix series has a series unshown to date , that shows Sunderland eventually winning the Pizza cup and then winning the play offs , to return to the championship

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
that shows Sunderland eventually stealing the Pizza cup having been comprehensively outplayed by a side from a division below who were missing their top striker through injury. Had he been fit, this would have been another miserable Sunderland occasion to show in this series. SWA
Agreed

CartyDurham

We are on our way @Aidan11 nice 3-2 away win for the pools and at last Safc lifted themselves to a 2-1 win after being behind

Jobe Bellingham with 2. Jude’s brother

CartyDurham

Bizarrely Sky & BBC both had Pools done as a 2-2 draw at full time. Not sure what was going on there. BBC have corrected it now.
It confused me as I have Hartlepool as a followed team on FlashScores and it was 2-3 alert I had when it went in

Still the season starts now :laugh: