• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Had some time so i did one for team of round 17 .

1 James Mortimer (AW) 52(32)
2 Chathuranga Goonewardene (AA) 75 (50)
3 Jonathan Young (W/K) (PP) 54*(36) + 1 Catch
4 Edwin Gibbons (Mooo) 71(45)
5 Donald Hanley (Jura) 69(44)
6 Anthony Davidson (TMO) 52(22)
7 Joshua Wong (Free HK) 31*(10) 4 for 23 of 4
8 Shanuka Veenstra (GG) 16(14) 4 for 28 of 4
9 Paul Hailstone (Winton) 13(17) 3 for 2 of 1
10 Jeroen Coetzee (TMO) 8*(6) 4 for 27 of 4
11 Itai Mpungose (TNT) 4*(4) 5 for 21 from 3.4

Honorable Mentions Tony Chung (wk) 48(29) +2 Catches , Doug Pickering 47(26) Chaten Kurupath 3 for 12 of 4 , Navrang Gopalan 12(6) 3 for 19 of 3.5, Lai O Yin 21*(17) 1 for 10 of 4 , Alex Jupp 49(40) 1 for 27 of 3 , Daniel Bennett 42(24) , Tsitsi Zosongo 32(19) 1 for 17 of 1 .

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Had some time so i did one for team of round 17 .

1 James Mortimer (AW) 52(32)
2 Chathuranga Goonewardene (AA) 75 (50)
3 Jonathan Young (W/K) (PP) 54*(36) + 1 Catch
4 Edwin Gibbons (Mooo) 71(45)
5 Donald Hanley (Jura) 69(44)
6 Anthony Davidson (TMO) 52(22)
7 Joshua Wong (Free HK) 31*(10) 4 for 23 of 4
8 Shanuka Veenstra (GG) 16(14) 4 for 28 of 4
9 Paul Hailstone (Winton) 13(17) 3 for 2 of 1
10 Jeroen Coetzee (TMO) 8*(6) 4 for 27 of 4
11 Itai Mpungose (TNT) 4*(4) 5 for 21 from 3.4

Honorable Mentions Tony Chung (wk) 48(29) +2 Catches , Doug Pickering 47(26) Chaten Kurupath 3 for 12 of 4 , Navrang Gopalan 12(6) 3 for 19 of 3.5, Lai O Yin 21*(17) 1 for 10 of 4 , Alex Jupp 49(40) 1 for 27 of 3 , Daniel Bennett 42(24) , Tsitsi Zosongo 32(19) 1 for 17 of 1 .
On a slight unrealted note, Gibbons has been a bada$$ in T20s for Mooo this season.

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
On a slight unrealted note, Gibbons has been a bada$$ in T20s for Mooo this season.
I was pondering if I should reply as I am unsure why you say this , every time i check stats etc two of your players come up every time . Jamil Gul and Mike Warfield . Both having really exceptional seasons in CWC and Warfield matching that in League . Doesn't seem that Gibbons have had a long season , however with the 2 games he has played doing incredible begging the question around selection 8-):laugh:

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
What an utterly peculiar T20 innings from TNTs :laugh:
Its just a case of having lost all the top order batsmen for basically nothing....

But the absolute randomness of the stumped 'me' is easily observed when you play games on the same day with the same team. Only having 12 players means that variation between the TNT teams is very little regardless of format. Scoring 280 in the SOD (unexpectedly high), then 180 in the Dev game (Okay.. but a touch low) and then an absolute blowout in the T20... same batsmen, same pitch... same day. I am aware its not quite the same on the PP's side but its just illustrates much of the coin toss nature particularly when the team is not fully developed.

SillyCowCorner1

I was pondering if I should reply as I am unsure why you say this , every time i check stats etc two of your players come up every time . Jamil Gul and Mike Warfield . Both having really exceptional seasons in CWC and Warfield matching that in League . Doesn't seem that Gibbons have had a long season , however with the 2 games he has played doing incredible begging the question around selection 8-):laugh:
Hehe, our best batsman in T20s this season. He made valuable match-winning contributions

cnerd123

likes this
Flat pitch at the 5DNOL stadium today. Should have elected to bat first. We opted to bowl and brought in Rockall to reinforce the attack, backing ourselves to chase rather than attempt to set a score. But we've been taken for 140 in the first 20 overs. Going to be a 350 chase, if not 400 at this rate. Sigh.

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Flat pitch at the 5DNOL stadium today. Should have elected to bat first. We opted to bowl and brought in Rockall to reinforce the attack, backing ourselves to chase rather than attempt to set a score. But we've been taken for 140 in the first 20 overs. Going to be a 350 chase, if not 400 at this rate. Sigh.
I have long given up to commentate on my games when its in the top leagues , the stress levels are beyond nail biting . You have seemed to turned that game a little 210 for 5 in 39 . Chasing was probably the right call there as 310 or 320 seems par , much easier to chase those than set them up in stumped . However it looks like you will be chasing around 260 to 270 .

cnerd123

likes this
never rule out a sting in the tail. Some healthy batting numbers in that Pudbon CC lower order, certainly better than our's!

Sampath has been phenomenal, Taufeeq bowled better than his numbers suggest. Rest of the attack doesn't have much going for it. Danial Ahsan has snuck in two cheap overs, if he can get through one more quietly I'll consider it a success.

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
never rule out a sting in the tail. Some healthy batting numbers in that Pudbon CC lower order, certainly better than our's!

Sampath has been phenomenal, Taufeeq bowled better than his numbers suggest. Rest of the attack doesn't have much going for it. Danial Ahsan has snuck in two cheap overs, if he can get through one more quietly I'll consider it a success.
Your chasing 262 so I was right on the money , should be a comfortable chase however its stumped . In my game , 5th time this season chasing over 300 . 319 , in this game i believe that's 40 to much . However was able to chase down over that 3 times this season . Fun times i guess .

SillyCowCorner1

Ohhh.

The match is in your hands to lose from this position. 32 runs to get in 10 overs.

SillyCowCorner1

Moooo chased down 293 today in front of a packed home crowd.

Playing against Team Potter; a team much more superior than ours...and yet the approach to the target was nothing short of a masterclass.

Hogg and James put on 147 in 30 overs...which meant that almost the same was needed in 20 overs.
The old, "Double your score after 30 overs" lol

Anyways, James made 66 off 81, Hogg made a century (110 off 127)...Uzair spanked a swashbuckling 62* off 46...but the momentum of the chase was sparked by Meyiwa who came in at number 4 and made 21 in 7 balls. He fell when the score was 231...we got to the target in the next 5.3 overs.

Top of the table. The youths are stepping up.

SillyCowCorner1

In CWC, wins for both of my teams.

GG have a crazy 1-2-3 in Sutherland, Bram, and Branning.

Something tells me that they are like RCB. Too many eccentrics at the top of the order.

ataraxia

International Coach
Wins for both AX teams too, against Jarquis. Rolled Ashgrove despite a valiant Hlengwa 15 (10), before Butler and Winton made fun of the target. In the other game, Felix O'Callaghan gunned 76* (38) to steal the 5th point.

Standings, with 8 matches to come:

1685227909360.png

Top six go through, yes? Looks like there'll be a bit of a squabble at nos. 4–9 then.