• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I alternate between pace and other skills for my seamers every week. Some of ZCCs fastest ever bowlers are in this current squad lol. Have come around to the view that it's quite essential to remain competitive.
Pace is king.... finger spinners should be consigned to the bin...

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Straight away is what I've been doing recently. Not sure how it will work out, especially if I have to train line & length later on.
Experience with Passmore... and now with others... I train the pace as much as possible. I will swap over to line and length for a week or two, but the idea is I get them to Fast and then alternate between the line and length and pace as one drops because of the other. The only argument is that pace seems a consistent 3 star coaching whereas the other drop off as they get older. But worked for me so far.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Top of the table clash between Mooo and Talking Heads CC. in div 2.1

Both teams are on 23 points, but Mooo with the better NRR.

We are batting first...

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Pace is king.... finger spinners should be consigned to the bin...
Uhmmm I have two very good spinners in my squad currently, one is my all time wicket taker with 748 wicket at 18 Ave and Sr. Don't wright them off so quickly. I had another that took 544 wickets at an average of 18 and Sr of 21. I get they can be a liability because most home grounds are high moisture and very quick. I have had decent run in the opposite spectrum.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Uhmmm I have two very good spinners in my squad currently, one is my all time wicket taker with 748 wicket at 18 Ave and Sr. Don't wright them off so quickly. I had another that took 544 wickets at an average of 18 and Sr of 21. I get they can be a liability because most home grounds are high moisture and very quick. I have had decent run in the opposite spectrum.
That was a bit of a forum joke… wasn’t really a comment on the true skill! Was how I look at all cricket!

ataraxia

International Coach
Caught up on Saturday's CWC games. Both interesting.

AXI thrashed FHK through choking bowling, particularly from Winton, whilst Chambers equalled his record dismissals (6). Then the Butler–Frost whack-it-all-about-athon did the 82-run powerplay, and that was the game. Top of the table!

AX-W took on the Geese, and despite a wonderful all-round game for Mark Hurst (4–1–18–5, 46 [25]) we could only find the one point. The Masih–Schofield partnership won the game.

ataraxia

International Coach
:lol: Ashgrove looking like they'll lose thanks to a 20 attack, 44 skill beast turning it up. Gert only making 189* looks to be the difference here, as the Astronauts as a whole could only make a measly 382. There's a 40 skill bat to come for Nelson too. Playing the lowest waged players in sight is resulting in an interesting game.

ataraxia

International Coach
Muchaneta Sothole!

1684729866615.png

The weighting of those wickets is approximately 3.5 : 0.25 : 0.15 : 0.10.

And game. The 40 skill bat unbeaten. Quite an indication that although it was a 73-run win, Ashgrove didn't receive a bonus point.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What a game, we were 100% losing that before that over :laugh:

My 40 skill leggie having 0/89 after 7 wasn’t in the plan