• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stuart Broad retires

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Good time to go tbh. Would have been better to have won the series obviously, but no better time to go out than the Ashes (i.e., the biggest series England plays in). No point sticking around to play against/bow out against all the jobber teams England play next. Can use those matches to try out new blood before a series against a serious team comes around again.

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
I look forward to Warner leading the guard of honour.

Good shout Stuart, you've been brilliant for England. What a career.

ashley bach

International Captain
What a champion player he's been. He's given English fans endless amounts of pleasure no doubt.
Great decision to bow out while still relatively on top of his game, something Jimmy may well regret in time to come.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I said in the match thread earlier today that he is just so much ****ing fun - as has been pointed out, he played that pantomime villain role perfectly.

But beyond that, what a bowler. Not consistently great, sure - but there can't be many bowlers in history who have bowled so many match changing/winning spells. When he was on, he was as close to unplayable as I think it's possible to get.

Certainly if the fate of the world was at stake and you had to choose one bowler on his best day to rip through the invading Martian XI with five or six for **** all in one devastating session, you would have to give serious consideration to picking Stuart Broad.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Good time to go tbh. Would have been better to have won the series obviously, but no better time to go out than the Ashes (i.e., the biggest series in cricket). No point sticking around to play against/bow out against all the jobber teams England play next. Can use those matches to try out new blood before a series against a serious team comes around again.
Have slightly amended

Shady Slim

International Coach
everything’s been said already by everyone so i can’t add much new but mannnnnnnnn! one of my favourites, which given my outright distaste for almost all things english barring a few posters here and subway’s Old English Cheddar, that has to count big! always up for a fight, really one of those cricketers all the gomers who hoot and whinge about his antics would love if he’s in their colours instead.

probably makes the shady slim xi of my favs from time i’ve been watching cricket. would always bring a bit of fire and spice to a match or a series and i look forward to hearing him in the comm box

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The best bowler since Ambrose at getting on a roll and bowling a matchwinning spell from nowhere. Thanks for the memories Broady. Legend.