• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stuart Broad retires

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha of all the bad calls in that thread the bigging up of Vinay Kumar was probably the worst. I think Warner took all of seven overs to end his international career.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am so happy the first post of mine in that thread was apparently this -

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Have to say that I'm surprised.

But what a career. Brilliant bowler, brilliant competitor. Longevity in seam bowlers is an under rated attribute, 600 wkts, 169 test matches - simply fantastic.

ma1978

International 12th Man
Bloody hell, the first time I saw a test match was his insane performance at the Oval 14 years ago.

I was really looking forward to seeing him in India.

That said, he’s a legend and served the game phenomenally well. Never felt in it when we were playing him. Deserves all the accolades.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
champion cricketer and one of the great entertainers.

drunk brain messing with me but more five wicket hauls in a session than any bowler in history or something silly like that?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well I think he’s gone out while he’s still close to his best and tbh that’s a credit to him. I think he’s fantastic.

Been a wonderful bowler and annoying AF lower order player as well, which is as good a compliment as a Pom can get from an Australian.

And he loved being the panto villain out here. Played up to it brilliantly. I rate him so highly, seriously. As a cricketer and as a bloke who doesn’t take himself too seriously. Just a jet. Will always rate him substantially higher than Anderson because he performed so much better against us in the series’ which matter most

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well I think he’s gone out while he’s still close to his best and tbh are a credit to him. I think he’s fantastic.

Been a wonderful bowler and annoying AF lower order player as well, which is as good a compliment as a Pom can get from an Australian.

And he loved being the panto villain out here. Played up to it brilliantly. I rate him so highly, seriously. As a cricketer and as a bloke who doesn’t take himself too seriously. Just a jet.
Probably the English version of Warne - not in terms of ability but that panto element

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
A cricketer with more pantomime flair and charisma than a WWE wrestler. And he was also really bloody good. Will miss him.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I actually sort felt he would go before Anderson despite the age gap. Him leaving in an ashes test is just perfect.
Yeah it's strange. I always sort of thought they would go together, but could imagine kind of imagine England with Anderson and no Broad, but could never quite picture England with Broad and no Anderson for some reason.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Yeah it's strange. I always sort of thought they would go together, but could imagine kind of imagine England with Anderson and no Broad, but could never quite picture England with Broad and no Anderson for some reason.
still can’t believe broad goes before Anderson thought for sure he’d play a few more years. Just weird as hell thinking about the new ball being taken by other bowlers now