• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Strength of First Class Competitions

Xuhaib

International Coach
Actually i heard an interview of Waqar younis and he said that the standard of cricket was better in Pakistan then in the UK but the pitches are dead and that makes for many boring games.

BTW why is SAF domestic setup is being rated so highly i watch a lot of domestic cricket from SAF since we get super sport hear and i must say the standard looks very mediocre.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Salamuddin said:
Look at the quality of the bowlers in your domestic cricket ....objectively. IT's pretty poor....you haven't got a potential replacement for Warne in sight.....if Cullen, Casson and White are the best you've got....you've got serious problems.
Even your pacers aren't that promising......Tait and Johsnon are both massively overhyped.

Your pitches are becoming flatter and flatter - the old pace and bounce of Aussie wickets is a thing of yesteryear.
As a result your batsmen have defciencies against quality swing and seam bowling - this was ruthlessly exposed during the Ashes.

Australia's domestic cricket was the best in the past - that I admit - but the gap has narrowed a lot with other comps and I seriously think you guys are deluding yourself to that fact.
I lived in Sydney until the end of last year so I know a lot more about Aussie domestic cricket than you may think.
Well those potential replacements for Warne are all very young & are learning the trade no one knows how good or bad they can become so its irrelevant to go on saying because they haven't set the world alight as yet that Australia will have problems in the spin department in the future. Even Warne had a horrible start in his career & was written off, so wait & see...

Talking about the pitches & the batsmen all true but i dont think any other country has batsmen that could have done better not even tthis great Pakistan domestic competiton that you speak of. BTW are these Pakistan pitches better than the one's in AUS? & are the pakistan batsmen better of handling swing bowling that Australia"s?. I think NOT

If you think it has lowered so much at present prove it?