• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stokes Arrested

Woodster

International Captain
You have not driven around SA much... the number of near misses and deaths on the roads due to irresponsible driving is some of the worst in the world. I am still not allowed to take the law into my own hands, no matter how angry or upset I get.
I can fully understand how frustrating that is! It's bad enough over here, with drivers that clearly haven't had the right training!

Woodster

International Captain
You said the law protects criminals. I have asked you to state to which law you are referring. You have continually failed to do so.
Please see comment above regarding the possibility of my incorrect use of the word 'protect'. Please read comments thoroughly before embarking on another request for the same information.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Please see comment above regarding the possibility of my incorrect use of the word 'protect'. Please read comments thoroughly before embarking on another request for the same information.
Fine. We'll ignore the word protect. Now which law are you talking about?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yes unfortunately a lack of concrete evidence and case files have avoided my grasp at this point.
No problem. Maybe think twice about making sweeping qualitative and determinative statements about things in future based on 'me and my mates think so' hey?

Woodster

International Captain
No problem. Maybe think twice about making sweeping qualitative and determinative statements about things in future based on 'me and my mates think so' hey?
I feel I am free to offer an opinion on any subject without the need to supply you personally with any evidence on how I have reached such conclusions. Clearly my depth of knowledge in the 'legal' area isn't sufficient that I can produce a strong enough argument against someone that presumably knows a little bit more about it. It would be like you arguing with some people on here about cricket, and I hope not to see you making any judgements on players without fully researched reasons why!

I don't think I ever used the rationale of 'me and my mates think so' but there you go.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I feel I am free to offer an opinion on any subject without the need to supply you personally with any evidence on how I have reached such conclusions. Clearly my depth of knowledge in the 'legal' area isn't sufficient that I can produce a strong enough argument against someone that presumably knows a little bit more about it. It would be like you arguing with some people on here about cricket, and I hope not to see you making any judgements on players without fully researched reasons why!

I don't think I ever used the rationale of 'me and my mates think so' but there you go.
Certainly, and all I have done is point out the fact that your opinion is ill-founded and crap.

You have said that the law is no good, but when questioned on which law you are talking about you can't answer. If you can't see how this makes your position completely worthless then...well, it doesn't say good things about your intellectual capacity.

Woodster

International Captain
Certainly, and all I have done is point out the fact that your opinion is ill-founded and crap.

You have said that the law is no good, but when questioned on which law you are talking about you can't answer. If you can't see how this makes your position completely worthless then...well, it doesn't say good things about your intellectual capacity.
:laugh::laugh: I haven't said the law is no good full stop.

A crap opinion ? What are you 12 years old ?

If it makes you feel better (more right) then absolutely, my position on this debate is completely, and I'd throw in utterly aswell, worthless, if you say so. And it clearly doesn't say good things about my intellectual capacity.