• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Steve Smith prediciton thread..

Steve Smith prediciton..

• He will resign; his career is finished.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's still playing these days along with his son. Not sure how he did immediately after being dropped but I just looked up his most recent FC season and he wasn't too flash.

Cricket Records | Records | WICB Professional Cricket League Regional 4 Day Tournament, 2017/18 | | Most runs | ESPNcricinfo

Devon Smith tho
He did well at County level in the most recent county season - Cricket Records | Records | Specsavers County Championship Division One, 2017 | | Most runs | ESPNcricinfo

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
He'll be back and fully operational.

Probably still maintain a 60 plus average for a good while yet. Might even do him some good this!!

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
It seems Red Hill is counting games in the UAE and England against Pakistan as something other than away games (probably "neutral"), while Chrish is counting them as away games.
That gets the noobs every time:ph34r:
Not that it's like me to be pedantic, but cricinfo has three pretty clear categories - home, away, neutral.

And Smith averages 53 away.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
I’d love to see him come back in a Hobbs style approach. A batsman who just produces runs because he can. The possibility to have a year of training at this stage of his career should be a benefit in some ways. The mental demons could be the hardest to beat for him.

Victor Ian

International Coach
How good are bowling machines these days? Can they send down random deliveries yet? Can they bowl spin? I'm guessing not or we'd have players able to play without any need to pick the delivery out of the bowlers hand. Such a machine would make a batsman that is a machine.

Daemon

How good are bowling machines these days? Can they send down random deliveries yet? Can they bowl spin? I'm guessing not or we'd have players able to play without any need to pick the delivery out of the bowlers hand. Such a machine would make a batsman that is a machine.
They can bowl swing, spin and be random yes.

Borges

International Regular
They can bowl swing, spin and be random yes.
What the modern game needs is bowling machines that can bowl swing, spin and be random. And sledge.
And they should get mentally disintegrated if the batsman sledges them back even more viciously.

As they say, there is no substitute for time out in the middle.

morgieb

I’d love to see him come back in a Hobbs style approach. A batsman who just produces runs because he can. The possibility to have a year of training at this stage of his career should be a benefit in some ways. The mental demons could be the hardest to beat for him.
I'm personally hoping for him to get caught on 28, being given not out because the ball bounced and then hitting a double.