• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka WC hot favourite: Hayden

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
In fact i love the way Pakistan has been playing lately. Like PEWS posted in another thread, Its a collective effort rather than due to individual brilliance and each player understands their role very well. I did quote in another thread that their bowling is really good and under rated. Yes, batting is a problem and i really doubt if they can maintain the consistency in batting through out the tournament. If they do, they can go all the way.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
In fact i love the way Pakistan has been playing lately. Like PEWS posted in another thread, Its a collective effort rather than due to individual brilliance and each player understands their role very well. I did quote in another thread that their bowling is really good and under rated. Yes, batting is a problem and i really doubt if they can maintain the consistency in batting through out the tournament. If they do, they can go all the way.
It is not inconceivable that they might just about scrape into the quarters and then roll onto the cup.. So can't right them off at all..

Woodster

International Captain
I'm a fan of this SL side and also think they have an exceptional chance to win this tournament. When I look at the side, my concern would be there potential to really cash in during the last 10 overs of the innings, there doesn't seem any major boundary hitters barring perhaps Angelo Mathews. It will therefore make it vital that any of the top order that do get set, see the job through right to the end.

Mathews hitting at the end of an innings could be crucial.

smash84

The Tiger King
It is not inconceivable that they might just about scrape into the quarters and then roll onto the cup.. So can't right them off at all..
Agreed. This format of hit and miss to the QF and just 3 matches to the cup is suited to the Pak style of play. Anywhere where consistency is required for long periods and you can expect them to flop.