• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka Cricket suspended by ICC

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Will their records be expunged from the World Cup.

Imagine if that altered the semi final line up.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Will their records be expunged from the World Cup.

Imagine if that altered the semi final line up.
I think ICC waited for their last match to be played in WC before taking the decision. ICC have to be extremely careful. We don’t want to see people losing interest in cricket in SL. They still got the best school cricket system to my knowledge.

Himannv

International Coach
The cynic in me thinks its some of the previous SLC board guys calling in a favor from ICC. :(
Pretty sure this is the case.

Having said that, I think the decision to suspend the SLC is completely acceptable. If these fools cannot do things properly, maybe they shouldn't be doing it at all. I hope this results in a proper clear out but I wouldn't count on it.

Cricket has given us a lot over the last 20 years and I'm grateful for that. It's been a much-needed distraction during times of civil war, corruption, and economic desolation. If this is the end, then so be it. C'est la vie.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The cynic in me thinks its some of the previous SLC board guys calling in a favor from ICC. :(
If you read the article it seems like the current SLC board has asked for this suspension, weird as that may sound. They've been suspended for political interference - the current board wants that to be true so the politicians stop trying to meddle with things and let the board do its actual job.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Pretty sure this is the case.

Having said that, I think the decision to suspend the SLC is completely acceptable. If these fools cannot do things properly, maybe they shouldn't be doing it at all. I hope this results in a proper clear out but I wouldn't count on it.

Cricket has given us a lot over the last 20 years and I'm grateful for that. It's been a much-needed distraction during times of civil war, corruption, and economic desolation. If this is the end, then so be it. C'est la vie.
Actually it is Shammi de Silva who has requested for the move.

In Sri Lanka rulers, opposition and professionals never agree on a subject. Here 222 out of 225 MP s are for dissolution. 90% of former players are for it. It should tell the ICC that there is something bigger than political interference. Shammi de Silva just asked or a favor from his masters.

I think this ban should run till SLC runs dry of money (which can happen in months). SLC officials were spending on female es cor ts instead of cricket. SL MPs are corrupt, but SLC guys take it to a another level. A well known book keeper pulls the threads/ When SLC runs out of money then we can rebuild. We may lose a lot of players, especially like Chamari Atapattu, but SL governmenmt should not try to overturn the ban. Instead they should try to throw the book keeper and his cronies in the jail instead.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
If you read the article it seems like the current SLC board has asked for this suspension, weird as that may sound. They've been suspended for political interference - the current board wants that to be true so the politicians stop trying to meddle with things and let the board do its actual job.
Like hiring female escor-ts I suppose.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
How does ICC suspend Sri Lanka when they refuse to suspend Afghanistan who clearly do not meet ICC requirements of having a woman's cricket program after their government banned women from playing cricket?
Because former SLC chairman has requested so.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Well with funds allocated for the purpose don't see an issue. However the funds allocated for uplifting cricket is spent on women it is a problem..
How do we know the ******s aren’t helping uplift cricket?

edit: really that’s a banned word?