• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Australia all out for 29 v NSW

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
lol it looks like an error from VC4 in WCC....

just to show the pitch isn't bad NSW are 2/233 with Jaques 154no and thornley 37no - neither are scoring fast but they are still scoring...

Dydl

International Debutant
To be precise, 29 is the 2nd lowest score in Interstate Matches which have gone on for a good 100odd years. The lowest score was 27-South Australia vs New South Wales 55 years ago.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
it certainly wasnt. bracken just bowled a superb line and length AS ALWAYS :D
haha nah, it wasnt great for batting, but not that bad surely. nath had some good swing happening, a prime example being a ball that was left by the batsman and then swung into the lefty and bowled him :)

telsor

U19 12th Man
Clarke is reputedly a little miffed that his 6/9 has been beaten so quickly, so he has lost bragging rights :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
hourn said:
I live about 5 minute walk from the cricket ground so i'm gonna go head over in a couple of hours and i'll give you guys the low down on the pitch. don't care how bad it is but getting bundled out for 29 is basically not acceptable at any level.
Oh, no, of course it's not, but at least there's a small amount of mitigation if it's up, down and all over the place and 6 or 7 of the batsmen were out to RUDs.
If it's a good deck then it's, well, bordering on the inexplicable.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
Best ever in fact (not counting club, backyard etc.).
At the top level (First-Class).
I wasn't just meaning Bracken, though (obviously I knew they were career-bests), I was meaning anyone - when was the last time someone took 7 or more wickets for so few runs?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Craig said:
Best ever in fact (not counting club, backyard etc.).
Funny definiton of "ever".

1977: Rajinder Goel: 7-4-4-7: Haryana v Jammu and Kashmir, Mohali
1937: WA Henderson: 9.3-7-4-7: NE Transvaal v Orange FS, Bloemfontein
1884: FR Spofforth: 8.3-6-3-7: Australians v England XI, Birmingham
1883: E Peate: 16-11-5-8: Yorkshire v Surrey, Holbeck
1955: D Shackleton: 11.1-7-4-8: Hampshire v Somerset, Weston-super-Mare
1950: JC Laker: 14-12-2-8: England v The Rest, Test Trial, Bradford
1964: Ahad Khan: 6.3-4-7-9: Railways v Dera Ismail Khan, Lahore
1857: G Elliot: 19-17-2-9: Victoria v Tasmania, Launceston
1932: H Verity: 19.4-16-10-10: Yorkshire v Nottinghamshire, Leeds

There are also three recorded instances of 6-1 (my favourite being S Cosstick's for Victoria against Tasmania at Melbourne in 1868, coming off 21.1 overs), and four of 5-0, the outstanding being AD Pougher's return of 3-3-0-5 for the MCC against an Australian XI at Lord's in 1896.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Richard: These must be the best figures for a long, long time.
Craig [Quoted Response]: Best ever in fact (not counting club, backyard etc.)

Seeing as you definitely weren't referring to Bracken, he isn't likely to have been either.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Richard said:
Wehay!
Good to see him getting some runs in The Pura Cup.
Bracken got 34 off 22 to add to his 7-for including two sixes :p

Jacques got 217 off 340 which doesnt beat his highest ever score of 243. He has now 3640 FC runs at over 48. A star of the future IMO. And a SR of over 70!

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
they didn't even let bracken get his 50. if he did i'm sure that woulda been the best all round performance ever in a match

bryce

International Regular
an interesting fact i found which was almost cut to pieces....

Each of Australia's States has recorded it's lowest First-Class score against Victoria - Tasmania 18, South Australia 23, New South Wales 37, Western Australia 38 and Queensland 40.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Slats4ever said:
they didn't even let bracken get his 50. if he did i'm sure that woulda been the best all round performance ever in a match
50? i was thinking more three, four figures...