• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South African cricket racism issue: Report implicates Smith, Boucher and de Villiers

Stefan9

International Debutant
I think boucher is more likely to survive for now as he has a longer contract. Smith's is expiring and he will need to reapply.

I don't see boucher getting an extension but he has a contract till the 2023 wc.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Nope just makes the whole culture that team had sickening to me.
Are you really surprised? I mean from my point of view this is just common everyday stuff that people are always doing. More awareness is now around, but largely that has just driven the attitude under ground and made people complain more that they can't just freely 'banter'...

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
While one might sympathise with Adams (if the allegation is true) as he may have been responding to Boucher, I think the saying 'two wrongs don't make a right' is applicable.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Are you really surprised? I mean from my point of view this is just common everyday stuff that people are always doing. More awareness is now around, but largely that has just driven the attitude under ground and made people complain more that they can't just freely 'banter'...
Not surprised at all.

jayjay

U19 Cricketer
While one might sympathise with Adams (if the allegation is true) as he may have been responding to Boucher, I think the saying 'two wrongs don't make a right' is applicable.
Agreed but its likely a response to years of abuse.

Stil crazy how so many of these people are in positions of power. Nothing will change in SA.

Dendarii

International Debutant
So Smith's hearing was a waste of time and money and only succeeded in driving him away. Great job CSA.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
So Smith's hearing was a waste of time and money and only succeeded in driving him away. Great job CSA.
It was always going to be a waste of Time and Money but had to be done after the SJN report. The SJN report turned into a witch hunt rather than actually resolving any issues.