• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa team selection

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
40(or 50) min until we find out.....

I wonder how much input Faf has, because I think he would actually want Amla there.

Last edited:

Bolo

State Captain
Man if we are opening the batting without the man who bossed our Domestic Comp and is probably our future captain we only have ourselves to blame if he takes a Kolpak. No time to mince words on that.
It's world cup. Should be viewed a bit differently to normal player development steps.

That said, opening with anyone but aiden seems a bit thick to me in the intitial stages. He's the only one with form, and clearly has the most ability (at current age).

SeamUp

International Coach
There is a lot of expectation on QdK this tournament and I just hope he doesn't carry too much of the attacking pressure. His opening partner is important because of that in my opinion.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
There is a lot of expectation on QdK this tournament and I just hope he doesn't carry too much of the attacking pressure. His opening partner is important because of that in my opinion.
Another reason Markram must go.... an attacking player that can bat through an innings. Don't get many of those.

Bahseph

State Captain
I don't dislike Reeza. I just don't think he should be selected before Markram at any stage. And if Amla has to go then Reeza has to miss out. Plain for me to see.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Can live with it bar DP :laugh:

But we back the boys.
Pretorius was a toss up, it was could be any of a number of potentials.... and he showed some good form near the end of international season. Hopefully never needs to play, because the batsmen and bowlers doing their jobs.