• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa Discussion

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I really fear Amla in this kind of form, and De Villiers etc. coming in after he has set a platform could get quite hard to handle..

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
A very strong side. Good to see them considering their spin options properly. I'd play Tahir straight away but I'd understand picking Botha for his extra batting.

I'd have left Miller at home too. Parnell is in on the skin of his teeth after his performance in the ODIs against India.

Strating XI: Smith, Amla, Kallis, De Villiers, Duminy, Ingram, Du Plessis, Steyn, Morkel, Tahir, Tsotsobe.
Decent team but I'd swap out Ingram from MVW. Might as well bite the bullet and play 7 batsmen with a long tail. Australia did it for ages, India has the same set up. The reality is we can't field a decent bowling allrounder.

Anyways, it won't happen because of the quota. Getting the 4th quota player based on the current options removes a lot of quality and balance, and the fact that Tahir cannot be considered one is utter bull****. ****ing politics.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Decent team but I'd swap out Ingram from MVW. Might as well bite the bullet and play 7 batsmen with a long tail. Australia did it for ages, India has the same set up. The reality is we can't field a decent bowling allrounder.

Anyways, it won't happen because of the quota. Getting the 4th quota player based on the current options removes a lot of quality and balance, and the fact that Tahir cannot be considered one is utter bull****. ****ing politics.
Wait, why on earth isn't Tahir covered by the quota? I understand the reasons behind having the quota, obviously, but if it leads to picking Robin Peterson over Imran Tahir than clearly something has gone wrong.

Anyway, on the allrounder front, SA will be a lot stronger with Kallis back for that. Kallis and Duminy makes for a better 5th option than India are using.

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
Does the quota still exist?
Yes and no. Somehow it keeps getting brought up by officials and seriously, is Robbie P the most valid solution as a spinning allrounder especially when RVDM had done a decent job supporting Botha?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wait, why on earth isn't Tahir covered by the quota? I understand the reasons behind having the quota, obviously, but if it leads to picking Robin Peterson over Imran Tahir than clearly something has gone wrong.

Anyway, on the allrounder front, SA will be a lot stronger with Kallis back for that. Kallis and Duminy makes for a better 5th option than India are using.
Wasn't developed by South African cricket apparently.

salman85

International Debutant
No offence to SA supporters,but they are the team i hope goes home the earliest.Not because they're such a good team,but because i find them a bit too robotic and dull.

0RI0N

State 12th Man
No offence to SA supporters,but they are the team i hope goes home the earliest.Not because they're such a good team,but because i find them a bit too robotic and dull.
Inb4 the team chock full of R2-D2's
and C-3PO's and win the whole fruit basket, beating Pakistan then India then Aus. , all in the knockouts.