• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Socceroos and Australian Football

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Matteh said:
CM01-02 gave him a very generous Potential Ability rating of 196/200 :p
no way was it 196, i know he performed pretty well usually, generally with German clubs. his stats never got to anything above reasonable though...
He and Aaron Goulding were the best of the Australian young defenders on the original database.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Three games into his QPR career....

Ward attracting interest
By Peter ORourke - Created on 15 Aug 2006

Skysports.com understand several sides are trailing QPR new boy Nick Ward.

Rangers pulled off something of a coup by luring Ward from Perth Glory to Loftus Road earlier this summer.

A couple of Italian sides and some Premiership clubs are believed to be keeping a watching brief on the former Australian Young Player of the Year.

Ward's early season performances have seen a plethora scouts travel to Loftus Road to watch him in action.

The talented Australian has quickly adapted to English football and he scored his first goal for QPR in last weekend's win over Southend.

A number of clubs were keen on signing Ward before he made the move to QPR and his recent showings have alerted the interested clubs to the midfielder's promise.

luffy

International Captain
If we had our strongest team i think it would be a walkover but it isnt so i am saying 3-1 aussie

I go for The Mariners and New Zealand in the A-League

Dont ask me why i dont even know.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
no way was it 196, i know he performed pretty well usually, generally with German clubs. his stats never got to anything above reasonable though...
He and Aaron Goulding were the best of the Australian young defenders on the original database.
If you look in the editor, that's what he should be set to. :p

Last edited:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
luffy said:
If we had our strongest team i think it would be a walkover but it isnt so i am saying 3-1 aussie

I go for The Mariners and New Zealand in the A-League

Dont ask me why i dont even know.
You actually support a quarter of the teams in a league, shocking :p

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i only saw the 2nd half, at least we got the win which is all that matters, Carney was pretty good and the defence was solid enough...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Just got back from the game, it was pretty mad atmosphere. The game wasn't that great Kuwait never really looked like scoring and Australia were all over the place in the 1st half. They started to get things together at the back end of the 1st half, but it was clear Arnold got the formation wrong. As soon as Saho came on the whole game changed, they really need a Viduka type player up front and he filled that role perfectly which allowed Carney and Dodd to have more space and time. Carney and Dodd were clearly Australia's best players on the night.

Thompson did pretty well, but in generally played too wide. Milligan struggled, his not really a holding midfielder and against better sides he will get found out, if they continue to play him there. Muscat was a rock at the back, Corica never really got into the game, they played a bit too wide. Reminded me a lot of Syndey FC first half of the season, throw the ball out wide and batter them with crosses. Back end of the first half when they started playing more ones and twos, the Kuwait had no answers.

At the end of the day we got the result and are into the Asia Cup, but if are going to continue play all A-League sides we need some massive improvements. But credit to Kuwait they were very well organised and if they had a decent striker, they could have had an upset.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
The reality is that all the weak sides are going to come over here and put 10 men behind the ball so the majority of our Asian qualifiers are going to be poor games to watch.

The Kuwaitis did well to hold out for 75 minutes, my money was looking good there for a while, but in the end ran out of legs and had a lapse in concentration.

Hopefully the big boys will still come back for the Bahrain match even though we are already qualified.

Last edited:

Cloete

International Captain
broncoman said:
yeh i think so, a few days after i believe.
I'm planning on going to that.

Also well said Tharmi, summed it up pretty well. There were definitely some good signs for Aus though and if they played more through the middle like you said they would have been difficutl to stop. Because they're all pretty good on the ball and the short passing would have been great to see and would have been very effective. But space was at a premium because Kuwait had 10, sometimes 11, behind the ball.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Just noticed that Sydney also have the home match against Bahrain. I think the other states are a bit unlucky that FFA aren't sharing the games around more. But i guess the NSW govenment paid them quite a bit of money to host most the Asia Cup and World Cup Qualifiers.