• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Socceroos and Australian Football

ash chaulk

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Well it's at least the 3rd player signed by foreign clubs to be described as the Chinese Beckham.

First there was Li Tie, then Dong, now this bloke!
i guess its because everytime they lose there chinese beckham they gain a new one... which ones next

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Well it's at least the 3rd player signed by foreign clubs to be described as the Chinese Beckham.

First there was Li Tie, then Dong, now this bloke!
Yuning Zhang is older then the other two, so my guess is that he is first and then rest are copycats.

ash chaulk

International Captain
or the chinese only know one other foriegn player and therefore label there better players after david beckham

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
chaminda_00 said:
FFA just named the training squad to play Kuwait, no surprise that no European players are their after some brain dead AFC put the matches on non international dates.

Clint Bolton (Sydney FC), Mark Bridge (Newcastle Jets), Alex Brosque (Sydney FC), David Carney (Sydney FC), Steve Corica (Sydney FC), Alvin Ceccoli (Sydney FC), Spase Dilevski (Queensland Roar), Travis Dodd (Adelaide United), Joel Griffiths (Newcastle Jets), Iain Fyfe (Sydney FC), Stan Lazaridis (Perth Glory), Adrian Leijer (Melbourne Victory), Matthew McKay (Queensland Roar), Mark Milligan (Sydney FC), Kevin Muscat (Melbourne Victory), Stuart Musialik (Newcastle Jets), Jade North (Newcastle Jets), Sasho Petrovski (Sydney FC), Kristian Sarkies (Melbourne Victory), Archie Thompson (Melbourne Victory), Michael Valkanis (Adelaide United), Danny Vukovic (Central Coast Mariners)

Only real surpise i see in the squad is no Paul Okon especially with Kevin Muscat and Steve Corica, then again he could be injuried i really followed the line ups of the side for the pre season cup.

My predicted XI to play Kuwiat:

Bolton
Milligan-Valkanis-Fyfe-Lazaridis(c)
Carney-Dilevski-Sarkies-Brosque
Thompson-Griffith
I think we will go in ultra conservative i.e. starting the old heads and then bringing on Sarkies, Brosque & co when (hopefully) the game is won.

-----------------------Bolton-----------------------
-------Milligan----Valkanis-----Leijer--------
Dilevski----Muscat----Corica---Lazaridis
---------Griffiths--------------Thompson------
--------------------Petrovski---------------------

Maybe a little too inexperienced at the back. Muscat is supposedly going to play more in the midfield as a holding mid for the Victory this season and with the lack of ball winning central midfielders in the squad I think he will start and boss, read break a few legs, in the centre.

ash chaulk

International Captain
was bolton the keeper that was asked to train with the socceroos before the world cup or was it the central coast keeper?

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
That was Vukovic.

Leijer, Sarkies also trained with the squad and Milligan was of course in the 23.

Vidmar just signed for Central Coast so perhaps he will be available as well.

ash chaulk

International Captain
i wouldnt play him hes had a long rest and the games next week.

i knew about sarkies and that but couldnt remember vukovics name.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
I just noticed that with Lebanon withdrawing the table looks like so.

Code:
Group D Table:

P  W  D  L  GF GA GD Pts
Australia   1   1   0   0   3   1    +2   3    
Kuwait      1   0   1   0   0   0    0    1
Bahrain     2   0   1   1   1   3    -2   1
So if we beat Kuwait we qualify for the Asian Cup :)

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
Great Birtannia said:
I just noticed that with Lebanon withdrawing the table looks like so.

Code:
Group D Table:

P  W  D  L  GF GA GD Pts
Australia   1   1   0   0   3   1    +2   3    
Kuwait      1   0   1   0   0   0    0    1
Bahrain     2   0   1   1   1   3    -2   1
So if we beat Kuwait we qualify for the Asian Cup :)
I had really wanted them to play here. Would have been great had they choosen it to play in Sydney :laugh:

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
i reckon we should just do one in Oztips or soemthing, that way there wont be a big deal in organising the point system..

ash chaulk

International Captain
i was bored at work so i set one up

Comp Name: CW A League Tipping
Comp #: 81362
Comp Password: cw
===================================================================

To join:

1) Go to http://www.OzTips.com

2) From the 'Home' page, click "I'm new and I want to Tip" and register a new Login for the site (or, if you are already registered with OzTips, Login).

3) Click "I want to join a Tipping Comp" on the 'Home' page, or "Join a Tipping Comp" on the 'Tipping' page.

4) Enter the Comp # and Comp Password details above.

5) That's it! Full instructions on how to Tip can be found on the 'Help' pages.

Regards,
ash chaulk