• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Socceroos and Australian Football

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Speaks volumes for the interest in Australian football, this...first World Cup qualifier and a grand total of one post...

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fantastic 1st up performance from the Socceroos. McDonald & Kennedy were soooooo dangerous up front, seems like it could be a very good combination for quite a few years hopefully. Next match against China will be a tough one though, apparently it's going to be played at Altitude, and mid-week which will be difficult for the euro players.

Johnners

Radio. Wonderful invention.

Still, can see the problem. In most civilised countries international football games aren't allowed not to be free to air. :p
AWTA, but yeah, as Vic said, it's the pits really that even games involving our national team aren't aired on FTA TV. That said, I read an article not so long ago that I'm sure mentioned something about some of the games getting FTA coverage (A-League and Internationals) in the next year or so.

Son Of Coco

Speaks volumes for the interest in Australian football, this...first World Cup qualifier and a grand total of one post...
You're not still annoyed because we qualified last time are you? :happy:

What happened in the qualifier anyway? I was all set to watch, and then found out it wasn't on.

Son Of Coco

Fantastic 1st up performance from the Socceroos. McDonald & Kennedy were soooooo dangerous up front, seems like it could be a very good combination for quite a few years hopefully. Next match against China will be a tough one though, apparently it's going to be played at Altitude, and mid-week which will be difficult for the euro players.
Where's that?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Urrgggh. I appear to be pleased that Australia won. Disgusted with myself. I must be supporting them in the same horrible second-hand patriotic way I patronisingly root for other British countries, despite them all loathing the English.

Anyway, Oz got shafted in the draw, didn't they? Groups 1 & 5 look the strongest by miles. Iraq & China; ouch.