• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should India have withdrawn their appeal against Thirimanne?

Should India have withdrawn their appeal against Thirimanne?

• Total voters

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
It can also be a disadvantage backing up too far, as what happened to JP Duminy where the bowler (Rob Nicol) fielded the return strike and had plenty of time to run Duminy out at the non-striker's end.

I've also seen the non-striker back up miles and then call for two for a shot behind square without thinking that the striker is actually a fair way behind him, so the striker gets run out at the keeper's end coming back for the second. Adam Parore used to do that to people often.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I know this is going to sound all douchy, but I wouldn’t even bother with the warning. The batsman is gaining an unfair advantage for his team! It’s your job to prevent him from gaining that advantage. You aren’t breaking the rules, so there is nothing unethical in it either.
Pretty much stopped here. I don't even understand why this is even a question or why this becomes an issue every time this happens.