• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should India Continue Its Cricket Tour of Pakistan ?

Should India Continue the Cricket tour of Pakistan ?

• Total voters

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
i see members like Sanz here looking for an excuse to take a shot at Pakistan and Muslims....
I could not give a **** about what you post, but Please do NOT play the 'victim'. Secondly, I have not said a single word about 'Muslims', so please get your facts right before you pout your ignorance.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Boohoo, whine, double standards, whinge some more, play victim card, go on defensive.

That a decent summing up of the Pakistani argument thus far?

haroon510

International 12th Man
I could not give a **** about what you post, but Please do NOT play the 'victim'. Secondly, I have not said a single word about 'Muslims', so please get your facts right before you pout your ignorance.
excuse me.. what facts are you talking about? history knows that we have been the victim over and over but we don't cry and complain unlike you.. go read history..and most importantly we don't blame blindly one nation for all the wrong doing that has happend in the past and happening right now..

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
excuse me.. what facts are you talking about? history knows that we have been the victim over and over but we don't cry and complain unlike you.. go read history..and most importantly we don't blame blindly one nation for all the wrong doing that has happend in the past and happening right now..
Who is 'We' ? 'You', Afghanistan, Pakistan or Muslims ?

Xuhaib

International Coach
I dont wish to bring politics here, but in 2002 Pakistanis elected a Pro-Taliban Government aka MMA ( http://www.isdp.eu/files/publications/cefq/07/mn07talibanmma.pdf ) which was very pro-Taliban.

At least read your history before you pour your ignorance and claim to be the victim.
:laugh: You go and read your history first.

Elections took place in 2002 while US war started in 2001.

Moreover its not like they formed a central govt in Islamabad they came to power in NWFP an area of Pakistan which is similar to Afghanistan in terms of customs and culture, during the Soviet war the people of NWFP established a strong bond with Afghan mujahids as Pakistan was helping out Afghanistan on US insistence. Many mujahids came to Pakistan and settled in NWFP had marriages among each other and basically became brothers.

When US attacked Taliban there was bound to be anti-American sentiment in Pakistani border provinces and on top of that there was the sidelining of major political parties as well, these sentiments were exploited by opportunist like MMA as they played the sympathy card and secured vote in their banks. However within due course these MMA snakes got exposed and these very same people turned their backs on MMA in 2008 elections.

btw there will always be pockets of people who support extreamists in every country and it would be more so in a largely illiterate country like Pakistant, I am sure that is one of the issues India is facing as well.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
You go and read your history first.

Elections took place in 2002 while US war started in 2001.

Moreover its not like they formed a central govt in Islamabad they came to power in NWFP an area of Pakistan which is similar to Afghanistan in terms of customs and culture, during the Soviet war the people of NWFP established a strong bond with Afghan mujahids as Pakistan was helping out Afghanistan on US insistence. Many mujahids came to Pakistan and settled in NWFP had marriages among each other and basically became brothers.

When US attacked Taliban there was bound to be anti-American sentiment in Pakistani border provinces and on top of that there was the sidelining of major political parties as well, these sentiments were exploited by opportunist like MMA as they played the sympathy card and secured vote in their banks. However within due course these MMA snakes got exposed and these very same people turned their backs on MMA in 2008 elections
Fact is Taliban was in bed with Pakistani establishment long before MMA government came. MMA government just made their presence in Pakistan stronger than ever.

I know my history, and I am sure you know yours as well, just want to put up a strong face for the sake of it. Go on.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Fact is Taliban was in bed with Pakistani establishment long before MMA government came. MMA government just made their presence in Pakistan stronger than ever.

I know my history, and I am sure you know yours as well, just want to put up a strong face for the sake of it. Go on.
Taliban was recognised not only by Pak but Saudia and UAE aswell. After 9/11 Pak duly removed their support from TALIBAN and played a major role in WoT.

MMA just played a political game by playing with the emotions of naive iliterate people but with the passage of time these people have realised that neither Taliban or MMA are sincere to them and they have show this by sidiing with the Pak army in gettig rid of these terrorist and by voting out MMA in 2008 elections.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Taliban was recognised not only by Pak but Saudia and UAE aswell. After 9/11 Pak duly removed their support from TALIBAN and played a major role in WoT.
MMA just played a political game by playing with the emotions of naive iliterate people but with the passage of time these people have realised that neither Taliban or MMA are sincere to them and they have show this by sidiing with the Pak army in gettig rid of these terrorist and by voting out MMA in 2008 elections.
Yeah Right, Pak army is getting rid of Taliban..what next, Osama Bin Laden joining Obama as his Defence Secretary ?

Twists as much as you can, but you can not hide the fact :-

Time.Com Wrote in 2001 (http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,175372,00.html) :-

How have Afghanistan's neighbors responded to the Taliban?

Pakistan has been more than a friend to the Taliban — in many ways it has been mentor and tutor, too, and even, according to opposition groups, an active participant in its rise to power.

Pakistan is not the only country that shares Borders with Afghanistan, yet it is the only country that is being called out for terrorism, there must be a reason for it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
guys.. keep it clean. It is obvious a number of people here have no idea what is happening... Take the politics to OT.. This is about cricket.. And I have said why in the current climate, playing cricket in Pakistan or against Pakistan is not the best for India. Let there be discussions on that, and if not, just let the thread die.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Yeah Right, Pak army is getting rid of Taliban..what next, Osama Bin Laden joining Obama as his Defence Secretary ?

Twists as much as you can, but you can not hide the fact :-

Time.Com Wrote in 2001 (http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,175372,00.html) :-

How have Afghanistan's neighbors responded to the Taliban?

Pakistan has been more than a friend to the Taliban — in many ways it has been mentor and tutor, too, and even, according to opposition groups, an active participant in its rise to power.

Pakistan is not the only country that shares Borders with Afghanistan, yet it is the only country that is being called out for terrorism, there must be a reason for it.
So you bring a seven year old article to support your argument.:laugh:

As mentioned in one of my previous posts that Pak did recognise Taliban but so did Saudia and UAE. The article dates back to 18 Sept 2001 a lot has changed since then, Pak did duly withdraw their support to them once the millatary action was taken, yes it has had an effect on us as we have faced Talibans backlash as you can see by the amount of suicide attack that take have taken place in Pakistan since 9/11 but we have remained steadfast in our fight against terror.

By end of Dec Bajur will be under control of Pak army and hopefully Swat will follow soon this will be a huge boost for us in our fight against terror, wish another country's army was intelligent enough to know their own problems and look to clean up their own mess rather then having a continous cry , whinge and play the blame game agaisnt another state.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
So you bring a seven year old article to support your argument.
Only to show you that Taliban was supported by Pakistani establishment even before MMA. As if it being 7 year old invalidates the fact.

As mentioned in one of my previous posts that Pak did recognise Taliban but so did Saudia and UAE.
Saudia and UAE aren't sending terrorists to INDIA. Infact those countries are helping India by extraditing the terrorists that are wanted in India. So before you start comparing your country to those states please look at the actions that are taken by those governments and compare them to the actions taken by your govt.

The article dates back to 18 Sept 2001 a lot has changed since then, Pak did duly withdraw their support to them once the millatary action was taken, yes it has had an effect on us as we have faced Talibans backlash as you can see by the amount of suicide attack that take have taken place in Pakistan since 9/11 but we have remained steadfast in our fight against terror.

By end of Dec Bajur will be under control of Pak army and hopefully Swat will follow soon this will be a huge boost for us in our fight against terror, wish another country's army was intelligent enough to know their own problems and look to clean up their own mess rather then having a continous cry , whinge and play the blame game agaisnt another state.
Yeah..Right !!!