• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should India Continue Its Cricket Tour of Pakistan ?

Should India Continue the Cricket tour of Pakistan ?

• Total voters

Xuhaib

International Coach
With it becoming increasing likely that India will not tour (or even play Pakistan at a neutral site), I was heartened by the latest statement by Ranatunga:

Sri Lanka offers to tour Pakistan if India don't

At this point, Pakistan needs to play cricket, any cricket, against International sides. They should welcome tours from those who are willing to come. The PCB should also put a heavy focus on its domestic games and promote their own Twenty20 league like several people have suggested. They have to take immediate and drastic measures to prevent cricket from dying in Pakistan. Incidentally, it will not be just to Pakistan’s detriment if the game slowly dies there. In today’s world, no sport can continue to thrive while dying away in numerous countries. Pakistan, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka, and even the WI are in serious trouble. I don’t see any substantial indications of cricket’s growth in other countries. I know the money is falling from the sky right now due to the Indian market, but it will eventually dry up if things continue the way they are.
Great post but I don't think the game will die in Pakistan. Our passion for the game matches with India. SA stayed away from int cricket for 21 years bu came back and looked the part. I know the SA setup is/was better then us but our love for the game is greater. I do believe we need a strong PCB to guide us through this current crisis.

Craig

World Traveller
Great post but I don't think the game will die in Pakistan. Our passion for the game matches with India. SA stayed away from int cricket for 21 years bu came back and looked the part. I know the SA setup is/was better then us but our love for the game is greater. I do believe we need a strong PCB to guide us through this current crisis.
With all due respect mate, I will believe it when I see it. When you get somebody who geniunely cares more for cricket then their own self intrests, cricket will be will be the better.

In saying that I do wish the Pakistani cricket fans luck.

Beleg

International Regular
aye, agree.

Cricket isn't going to die in Pakistan - at least in my lifetime - even if we don't play a single international match for the next 50 years.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
NOw is not the time to be playing cricket with Pakistan.. It is just how it is. It is a shame as I am sure the majority of the people there and the Government themselves don't support the terrorists to any real extent, but there are problems there and it doesn't make sense for us to be playing cricket as if nothing has happened. The visuals of that idiot Ajmal strutting around as if he has achieved something phenomenal are still a little too fresh at the moment....

Xuhaib

International Coach
NOw is not the time to be playing cricket with Pakistan.. It is just how it is. It is a shame as I am sure the majority of the people there and the Government themselves don't support the terrorists to any real extent, but there are problems there and it doesn't make sense for us to be playing cricket as if nothing has happened. The visuals of that idiot Ajmal strutting around as if he has achieved something phenomenal are still a little too fresh at the moment....
Going by your logic US should have cut off all ties with Egypt,Saudia after 9/11.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Going by your logic US should have cut off all ties with Egypt,Saudia after 9/11.
I am not saying cut off all ties... But there needs to be a bit of time for the wounds to heal and the suspicions to die off. Rightly or wrongly, a lot of people are skeptical of Pakistan at the moment (not of the majority of the people, but more at the Government and the military of Pakistan) and as they say time heals everything. Maybe things will progress a bit on the diplomatic front.. Both sides may come down a little from all the posturing.. Then we can definitely play cricket. Right now, the situation is not great to be playing cricket. All it is going to take is a small stone to be thrown towards an Indian player or someone from the contingent for both sides to go back to war mongering.. As I said, not the best time to play cricket.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Great post but I don't think the game will die in Pakistan. Our passion for the game matches with India.
You are obsessed with India, who cares how much passion you have for cricket. We really don't care if your passion matches with ours or that cricket survives in your country.

Our government has taken a decision that its people want and that's all a lot of Indians care about right now.

Fusion

Global Moderator
You are obsessed with India, who cares how much passion you have for cricket. We really don't care if your passion matches with ours or that cricket survives in your country.

Our government has taken a decision that its people want and that's all a lot of Indians care about right now.
I don’t think there was anything inflammatory intended in his post. Harsh rhetoric like this will simply lead to more thread closures.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Extending his analogy to 9/11 would imply India ->Pakistan as US -> Afghanistan.
(if such a comparison is to be made, the situations are not 1:1)

It's not where they were born but who and where they were trained and
which government allowed that infrastructure to exist and flourish.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I don’t think there was anything inflammatory intended in his post. Harsh rhetoric like this will simply lead to more thread closures.
I am sorry, if you took that as a rhetoric or that you assumed that I found Xuhaib's post inflammatory. I just found his post more like playing the 'victim' and a shallow display of shallow one-upmanship.

I don't think anyone doubts Pakistan's passion for the game or suggests that Pakistan cricket would not survive if India did not tour.

Dissector

International Debutant
I tend to agree that this is not the right time for a tour. Feelings are running too high in India and in this atmosphere a hard-fought cricket series could itself inflame things further. As for Pakistan cricket, things are looking pretty dark but I do hope their fans keep the game alive by supporting their domestic cricket. Pakistan has given a great deal to the world of cricket over the years and hopefully once their security situation improves they will be able be to host a full calendar of international series.

Incidentally cricket-wise a Sri Lanka tour of Pakistan wouldn't be half bad. I don't think SL is playing much quality test cricket in the near future and I would love to see how Mendis fares in Pakistan.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I am sorry, if you took that as a rhetoric or that you assumed that I found Xuhaib's post inflammatory. I just found his post more like playing the 'victim' and a shallow display of shallow one-upmanship.

I don't think anyone doubts Pakistan's passion for the game or suggests that Pakistan cricket would not survive if India did not tour.
I was replying to Fusion's post where he mentioned that he was worried about Pak cricket's future.

I just gave my oponion that Pak cricket could survive without int cricket due to their strong passion for game all it needs is a strong leadership by PCB at this crucial time.

Now if you find playing the victim card in that post then you seriously need to get your head examined.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Extending his analogy to 9/11 would imply India ->Pakistan as US -> Afghanistan.
(if such a comparison is to be made, the situations are not 1:1)

It's not where they were born but who and where they were trained and
which government allowed that infrastructure to exist and flourish.
Afganistan govt was supporting Al Qaeda while Pak govt is not.

haroon510

International 12th Man
i have never liked the fact that politics is mixed with cricket..and unfortunately i am seeing the same thing happening again and again.. by cancel this tour Indian government is breaking us cricket loving people's heart.. they are not accomplishing anything else.

i just see some post here that boils my blood.. some people are so ****ing stupid that you just want slap the sense out of their face sometimes..i see people saying here that there are extremist in Pakistan and they are taking them as threat by not touring Pakistan.. how about this.. India has the same extremist people not only Hindus but Muslims.. but yet international teams are forced to tour there..if that isn't double standard than what it is..

i see members like Sanz here looking for an excuse to take a shot at Pakistan and Muslims.. how about this.. tough news.. we have been victim of this kind of atrocities for years.. i am from Afghanistan and i have family there..my brother who lives there.. according to him, walking in Kabul city is like flying in empty airplane..you would see the crowd of hundreds of hundreds of poor civilians working and trying to make a living.. and the next thing u know some guy runs in the middle of those people and blow himself... kill all those people.. yet u don't see me or other afghans complaining and pointing blame and breaking our ties from people..

don't get me wrong i am not saying what happened in Mumbai i am not upset about it.. it hurts me and it has always hurt me when stuff like this happens but blaming Pakistan Afghanistan or any people from that region is wrong simply because they as people are victims of these type of atrocities more often than other people have been..blaming us for it isn't helping the cause but make those people sound stupid and ignorant..right now is the time when we can get together and show these ignorant people that they can't break us as human.. they can't break our unity and they have failed yet again.. but apparently india is doing the opposite and some memebers here support that..