• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sheep Draft Version 2.0

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Finding it really hard to pick my two favorite teams. Breaking it down:

The best opening pair is Matt79's. Hutton is an all-timer, whilst Hunte is one of the best from WI.
The best middle order is GIJoe's. Trumper, Tendulkar, Walters and Walcott is the stuff dreams are made of.
BiasedsomerstIndian has the best keeper/batsman in Knott.
The best \pave attack belongs to Marcuss. Lillee, Hadlee, Walsh and Clark rivals the great WI attacks of the late 70's and 80's.
The best spin attack is Kof98's Warne and Singh duo. Fantastic even on a flat pitch.
Best selection of players I had no clue about goes to Honestbharani. Had no idea who Karuppu, Bates or Archer were before this draft. Finding out about such players is why I join drafts like this. Love it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I call unfair advertising. How come you get to go all bold type while we stick to the code?

lol.. coz my computer at work is ****ed up.. :)

Hey no problem. I didn't give everyone feedback, just those sides that I felt I had something worthwhile to say something about.

One thing I really like about this draft is that you end up with a lot of second tier players in teams. Those players who were probably just below all time great status but were still exceptional performers for a decade or so.

Yeah definitely..

And Blakus:

I assure you I had no idea on those 3 before this draft either... :laugh:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Votes for best and 2nd best team right?
Yeah mate via email.

I'll extend the timeframe until Sunday night Aussie team before I announce the winner of Sheep Draft.

I'll also send an email to everyone to respond and nominate their top 2.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah honest I got your email.

I am still waiting for emails from Marcuss, bryce, G.I.Joe and biasedSomersetindian.

Please selet your top 2, failure to do in the next 33 hours will mean you lose 2 points.

2 points for first, 1 point for second best team. You can't select your own team.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
It probably wouldn't have made any difference to my team's final standing had I not emailed my top two team selections, but have got around to doing so anyway. Good luck to all competitors, theres some excellent sides compiled.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The results have been tallied up. Everyone has voted apart from bryce. In the end his votes will not make a difference in the final washup. The winner for Sheep Draft Version 2.0 is................

FIRST PLACE
BLAKUS with 11 points

SECOND PLACE
MATT79, 8 points

THIRD PLACE
FREDFERTANG, 5 points

It's been a very enjoyable draft to conduct, everyone has been awesome! Hope you've all enjoyed it and will be keen to take part in Version 3 some day!

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd just like to thank Nufan for his efforts in his running of the draft - I can't imagine its easy to double check the players we select, make sure they're not on the banned list, etc. Also congrats to Blakus for taking out the people's choice!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Congrats to the winners.. Thoroughly deserved. And big congrats to NUFAN as well.. Doing the research to come up with questions easy enough that we had enough players to select from and at the same time were interesting enough that made us think hard... Awesome effort mate.. The draft has belonged to you more than the winners and the other selectors.. :)

Shri

Mr. Glass
I call for a re-vote!:p

Well run by Nufan, obviously took a lot of effort on his part. Sheepdraft should be an annual draft event tbh.