• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shakib Al Hasan vs Ian Botham / Burgey vs *****

Who the better all rounder

• Shakib Al Hasan

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Ian Botham

Votes: 27 56.3%

• Total voters

cnerd123

likes this
Really no need to drag my teammates into this

We lost to the semi pros but it was a fun game. Reduced to 29 overs a side due to late umpires (that's a whole other story)

We bowled well, just bore the brunt of some big hitters up front. We fielded pretty good. I bowled two tidy overs and got a wicket but they got the measure of my speed and took me on in the third, so ended up ruining my figures and ending my spell. They were on track for a big score, but following my wicket and the re-introduction of the frontline spinner there was a collapse and we kept them to 209.

Run chase never got going once we lost some early wickets. I was sent up to pitch hit when the equation was 10 RPO needed, nailed one and stole some singles, but then I ended up middling one straight to deep mid wicket who took a decent catch. I should have looked for more elevation. Was hitting it well so kinda disappointed with that. Was a bit of a procession after that and we fell well short in the end.

Oh well. Fun game, always good to be finalists, especially since we got over on another semi-pro team to get here (albeit a weakened one playing with questionable strategies). And the tea afterwards (home made chicken curries and lemonade) was phenomenal. Fun day out, not a bad end to the season, looking forward to the annual dinner in a couple of weeks.

How was your weekend Burgey? I see you were stuck here with Mr Miyagi all day, that can't have been fun

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Really no need to drag my teammates into this

We lost to the semi pros but it was a fun game. Reduced to 29 overs a side due to late umpires (that's a whole other story)

We bowled well, just bore the brunt of some big hitters up front. We fielded pretty good. I bowled two tidy overs and got a wicket but they got the measure of my speed and took me on in the third, so ended up ruining my figures and ending my spell. They were on track for a big score, but following my wicket and the re-introduction of the frontline spinner there was a collapse and we kept them to 209.

Run chase never got going once we lost some early wickets. I was sent up to pitch hit when the equation was 10 RPO needed, nailed one and stole some singles, but then I ended up middling one straight to deep mid wicket who took a decent catch. I should have looked for more elevation. Was hitting it well so kinda disappointed with that. Was a bit of a procession after that and we fell well short in the end.

Oh well. Fun game, always good to be finalists, especially since we got over on another semi-pro team to get here (albeit a weakened one playing with questionable strategies). And the tea afterwards (home made chicken curries and lemonade) was phenomenal. Fun day out, not a bad end to the season, looking forward to the annual dinner in a couple of weeks.

How was your weekend Burgey? I see you were stuck here with Mr Miyagi all day, that can't have been fun
Please. I only have eyes for JediBrah. #rubntug #happyending #luckyfinish

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sounds like a good game. Glad you had a decent outing.

Weekend has been good. Burginhos soccer team beat the leaders 5-2 to move to second, then Vivid tonight which is always a cracker. There is a new James Squires bar and restaurant in the OPT at circular quay which I would recommend to everyone (not you because you don’t appreciate good food and etoh).

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Sounds like a good game. Glad you had a decent outing.

Weekend has been good. Burginhos soccer team beat the leaders 5-2 to move to second, then Vivid tonight which is always a cracker. There is a new James Squires bar and restaurant in the OPT at circular quay which I would recommend to everyone (not you because you don’t appreciate good food and etoh).
Funny how you keep referring to vivid. Did I ever you tell you about my ex gf who won multiple prizes at vivid despite telling me her ex bf who had a bent penis and wet the bed. :ph34r:

#truestory

#lightsarecoolthough

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
There’s a reason the principal attractions in Hong Kong are called junks.
Junks are a favourite of the British and Australian expats here.

And they're awful. I'm not surprised they report back home that that's the principal attraction in HK to them. We've established you lot have got no taste or ability to appreciate other cultures.

Junks indeed.

Burgey

How was everyone's weekend? Had a Hong Kong sort of weekend - a couple of highlights but otherwise average.

Next weekend should be more of a Sydney weekend - full of majestic vistas, log fires, wine tasting and artisanal food while staying up at Mudgee for three nights.

Both, of course, are much better than a Chennai weekend - those are when you feel unwell, and are spent coughing, spluttering and damaging the Doulton.

Last edited:

Burgey

I feel like we're forcing the thread now
I understand your sentiment, but I didn't want to do a ***** and spread the same shtick throughout the forum, rather than keep it where it started.

That's why I'm a universally loved, respected and revered poster; and he's *****.

Himannv

International Coach
I think he is maybe pregnant. Doesn't strike me as a King, and his posts are too consistent to demonstrate signs of a multiple personality disorder.
This is obviously just admission of a multi. I've always thought TJB was someone else.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
This is obviously just admission of a multi. I've always thought TJB was someone else.

But if it were a multiple personality disorder, you'd think at least one of them wouldn't have a PhD in English as a first language.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
I understand your sentiment, but I didn't want to do a ***** and spread the same shtick throughout the forum, rather than keep it where it started.

That's why I'm a universally loved, respected and revered poster; and he's *****.
Don't hate me cuz you ain't me