• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shakib Al Hasan vs Ian Botham / Burgey vs *****

Who the better all rounder

• Shakib Al Hasan

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Ian Botham

Votes: 27 56.3%

• Total voters

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My people are everywhere, and I do what I can to keep them happy notwithstanding my own busy schedule.

Burgey

Speaking of slow (not ***** slow, but slow in a positive way), really looking forward to slow cooked lamb shoulder this evening for dinner.

cnerd123

likes this
There was a birthday at work today, so we got together and ordered lunch to celebrate. Pizza, Ribs, Grilled Chicken, with a bunch of sides, a large salad, topped off with cake and macarons

I believe in Western Culture this is known as a 'Grand Feast' and reserved for weddings and special occasions.

Wasn't bad. I'm really sleepy now tho. Thank goodness for (Asian) teas to keep one up and productive.

Last edited:

Burgey

We all know this is a lie on your part, because your co-workers would never invite you to a social event.

TheJediBrah

There was a birthday at work today, so we got together and ordered lunch to celebrate. Pizza, Ribs, Grilled Chicken, with a bunch of sides, a large salad, topped off with cake and macarons

I believe in Western Culture this is known as a 'Grand Feast' and reserved for weddings and special occasions.

Wasn't bad. I'm really sleepy now tho. Thank goodness for (Asian) teas to keep one up and productive.
That's called afternoon tea on the orthopaedic ward

Burgey

Best macarons in the world are sold on darling Street Balmain by none other than Adriano Zumbo.

Burgey

I'm sure they were, but they weren't the world's best macarons, made on Darling Street Balmain by Adriano Zumbo.

Burgey

And they still let you sit the umpires' test despite it being obvious you know nothing about the game? smh

Burgey

I've been meaning to ask why you don't play cricket and have gone into the umpiring side instead?

cnerd123

likes this
I've been meaning to ask why you don't play cricket and have gone into the umpiring side instead?
Play it too. Actually playing the final of this little Sat League KO cup tomorrow against a bunch of semi-pro guys. But I've only got so much talent when it comes to playing, it'll never be more than recreational for me.

With Umpiring I could actually get to that enviable position of being paid to watch top-quality cricketers in action from the best seat in the house. And I get to have a legit reason to nerd out over the rules and minor little details that otherwise come off as weird and obsessive. What's not to like?

TheJediBrah

Play it too. Actually playing the final of this little Sat League KO cup tomorrow against a bunch of semi-pro guys. But I've only got so much talent when it comes to playing, it'll never be more than recreational for me.

With Umpiring I could actually get to that enviable position of being paid to watch top-quality cricketers in action from the best seat in the house. And I get to have a legit reason to nerd out over the rules and minor little details that otherwise come off as weird and obsessive. What's not to like?
You have to stand up for ages

I'd rather work minimum wage making zinger burgers as long as I got to sit down

Burgey

I said I'd been meaning to ask you, not that I was actually asking ffs.

cnerd123

likes this
You have to stand up for ages

I'd rather work minimum wage making zinger burgers as long as I got to sit down
It's this weak Australian mentality that leads to your players resorting to ball tampering.

Plus I thought a dislike for standing was only a Kiwi thing :ph34r: