• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semifinal: Italy v Spain (in London, UK)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Has anyone ever seen a hop skip and jump penalty put to the keeper's right? Seems anytime I see Jorghino or Bruno Fernandes do it it gets put to the keeper's left.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Wonderful game. Spain unlucky I felt, I thought they were excellent tonight.
They were excellent, but I just don't know if they can be considered unlucky to have missed those two big chances. Perhaps slightly unlucky overall, but they weren't robbed by any means. Either of these teams would have taken some beating in the final. And, as you said, it was an absolutely wonderful game.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Fun game, two quality teams. Was glad Italy made it due to how good they've been all tournament, whereas Spain have been a little bit patchier (they were excellent today).

speirz

State Vice-Captain
Has anyone ever seen a hop skip and jump penalty put to the keeper's right? Seems anytime I see Jorghino or Bruno Fernandes do it it gets put to the keeper's left.
Thiago put a little jump in his and went the other way. I tend to agree it's the more likely side though, especially if the keeper doesn't move at all.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Rio Ferdinand should be removed from TV. I would be a bit more optimistic if we get through than I was before seeing Italy tonight, but his jingoistic prattle suggesting they should hand us the trophy now is pitiful.

speirz

State Vice-Captain
Chiellini's whole attitude at the toss for the shootout was hilarious. I'd love to see if he can keep the same lighthearted nature in a final.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Rio Ferdinand should be removed from TV. I would be a bit more optimistic if we get through than I was before seeing Italy tonight, but his jingoistic prattle suggesting they should hand us the trophy now is pitiful.
Yeah it's the kind of thing that makes you actively want England to lose