• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semifinal: Italy v Spain (in London, UK)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Kickoff 6 July, 8pm local/21.00 CET at Wembley

H2H (competitive): Italy 6, draw 5, Spain 4
Euro history: Spain champions 1964, 2008, 2012 (both times beating Italy along the way), finalists 1984; Italy champions 1968, finalists 2000, 2012

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Backing Italy to score more goals than Spain. But wouldn't want to put money on this game.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Really interesting semi finals - could see a case for all 4 remaining teams winning - I think Italy are my slight favourites for this game and the tournament but Spain have created chances just seem to struggle taking them on the whole. If Spain take an early chance probably not the sort of side you want to be facing 1-0 down given how they can dominate possession of the ball.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think this Spain are pretty much Italy's ideal opponents.

They need a high number of chances per goal due to the mildly two bob strikeforce, and the Italians, for all the neat and pretty football they've played, still don't cough up many.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Enjoying this one so far. Classic case of a 0-0 being immensely watchable because of the quality of the football.