• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals

Who makes the final?

• England

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • Wales

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • South Africa

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Howe_zat

Audio File
Semi Final 1
26 October 2019
17:00 local / 09:00 London / 21:00 Auckland

England v New Zealand

International Stadium Yokohama, Yokohama
Referee: Nigel Owens (Wales)

Semi Final 2
27 October 2019
18:00 local / 09:00 Cardiff / 11:00 Cape Town

Wales v South Africa

International Stadium Yokohama, Yokohama
Referee: Jérôme Garcès (France)

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I have secretly desired a New Zealand v. Wales final for the longest time. Having said that Wales don't look very scary, as they should

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think all signs point to an NZ/RSA final, but also reckon England have a better chance of beating the ABs than the Leekists do with the Boks.

If NZ have an off day and England a good one it might just happen. I'd rate it as mildly unlikely, but unless the Welsh improve 100% I can't see them living with the Boks' power up front or their pace in the outside backs.

ripper868

International Coach
It'll be a Southern Hemisphere finale one feels.

What brumby said.

On refs, Owens is a good fit for the match, expect it slightly favours England as the ruck will be better policed.

Garces...well I'd say probably favours South Africa, as the ruck will be a cluster like it was for England v Aus.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep, really want the All Blacks to win, but feel that England can definitely win this. This is a really close match up

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Second statement doesn't imply the first just ftr
About all I can say is at least it is not Poite...

Boks do not adjust to poor refereeing that well, unlike the AB's who are great at adjusting in game based on how the ref is interpreting that day. Just another thing the AB's tend to be smarter at than most other teams.

D/L

U19 Captain
Bit surprised that Jones has gone for Ford to start at #10 against the ABs. Happy, though, that he's starting with Lawes at lock. Looking forward to this match immensely.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think Eddie gone for big Courts because of his ball carrying, possibly to potentially alleviate a bit of pressure on Billy V having to make all the hard yards up the guts.

Scott Barrett on the flank is a bit of a turn up though, isn't it?

Howe_zat

Audio File
I remember him playing as a flanker in Tests when he was first in the side. For a while I assumed he was always a big flanker.

So it's a bit like playing Itoje or Lawes there, only without the general derision Jones would get if he went back to that strategy.

PSTD is another who has made the move from lock to blindside recently.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It's strategic in order to clean out the rucks better and deal with all the fat English players lying all over the ball.