• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

sehwag going for 200

First man to 200 in ODI

• Sehwag

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Tendulkar

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Gilchrist

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Ponting

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Hayden

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Flintoff

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Gayle

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Lara

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Gibbs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sudeep

International Captain
Swervy said:
the implication was that he thought he could score 200 vs UAE.

of course the real challenge was that he bats for one over let alone 50 overs...

i found it all quite funny

I found it the part of the usual hype one associates with Indian cricket.

I'm pretty sure Bhajji's new "doosra" will be ordinary as well.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Sehwags highest score is only 130 odd right ??

For mine he is a little like afridi he can sure as hell pass 200 if he bats for 50 overs but IMO the chances of him batting that long are low.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Eclipse said:
Sehwags highest score is only 130 odd right ??

For mine he is a little like afridi he can sure as hell pass 200 if he bats for 50 overs but IMO the chances of him batting that long are low.

afridi is one of my faves. doesnt he hold the record for highest odi socre??

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Nnanden said:
afridi is one of my faves. doesnt he hold the record for highest odi socre??
Not even close. He scored the fastest ODI century in his first innings - 37 balls - but his highest score is nowhere near Saeed Anwar's 194.

tooextracool

International Coach
Sudeep said:
I found it the part of the usual hype one associates with Indian cricket.

I'm pretty sure Bhajji's new "doosra" will be ordinary as well.
its all part of the plan to try and get into the side.......bit like saqlain's "teesra"

Eclipse

International Debutant
tooextracool said:
as far as sehwag scoring 200 is concerned.....it will take a lot of dropped catches and mischances for him to do so
something he does seem to have had alot of recently.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
tooextracool said:
its all part of the plan to try and get into the side.......bit like saqlain's "teesra"
And neither Saqlain nor Harbhajan can use the doosra to make themselves threatening bowlers on non-turning pitches, they can just make themselves more dangerous than normal fingerspinners on turners.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think its seriously on the cards when Aus & NZ take on USA.
The fact that John Davison smashed them with both bat & ball, makes me think that a Hayden, Gilchrist, Astle etc could go even better.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Just hope none of them come out and say it in public, then get run out 3rd ball for 0 - that would just make anyone who did that look a bit stupid wouldn't it ;)

masterblaster

International Captain
Hype always fall flat, always. The modest players always succeed the most,

ie. Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman, Kumble etc.

Sudeep

International Captain
Hayden hyped a possible 200 ahead of the TVS Cup last November, and his performance in the tournament turned out to be average.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
masterblaster said:
Hype always fall flat, always. The modest players always succeed the most,

ie. Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman, Kumble etc.
Well, not quite always but I know what you mean. And I wouldn't change it for The World - modesty and success go hand in hand like nothing else.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Just hope none of them come out and say it in public, then get run out 3rd ball for 0 - that would just make anyone who did that look a bit stupid wouldn't it ;)
There's everything to lose and nothing to gain by talking about it in public. It's never a good idea. Though McGrath's got away with it time and again.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
please note people that it is HIGHLY unlikey that any player not opening will ever get 200. maybe someone at 3 but none beyond that.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
There's everything to lose and nothing to gain by talking about it in public. It's never a good idea. Though McGrath's got away with it time and again.
To an extent, McGrath does have control over it though, as he can actually bowl to the man he's targetting.

A batsman has many other things to contend with (like his partner running him out)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, any bowler can always sledge more comfortably because batsmen can never definitively have the last word. Bowlers have always got lots of chances - once a batsman makes a crucial mistake, it's usually the end of that.
But saying stuff before a match\series can make you look foolish at the end of it if things haven't gone your way, even for a bowler.