• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

sehwag going for 200

First man to 200 in ODI

• Sehwag

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Tendulkar

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Gilchrist

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Ponting

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Hayden

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Flintoff

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Gayle

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Lara

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Gibbs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

youngster_89

Cricket Spectator
marc71178 said:
I've gone for Hayden.

It has to be an opener really, and Hayden has shown he doesn't get tired by plaing longer attacking knocks.
I think that Mat Hayden could do it but he always seems to get out silly ways like chopping it on or hitting a bad ball to fielder

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Waughney said:
That only proves that Lara has the wood over Australia not McGrath
So is McGrath not pat of Australia now?
If Lara has scored lots against Australia (and he has) he's going to have faced lots of McGrath, and not got out.
That suggests to me he's had the better of the game.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Revelation said:
he's gone for 16 vs Bangladesh (off 8 balls). I think he needs to settle a little.
Just very, very early signs of danger of him becoming another Afridi as far as ODIs are concerned.
And just like with Afridi that would be a massive shame.

tooextracool

International Coach
Richard said:
Just very, very early signs of danger of him becoming another Afridi as far as ODIs are concerned.
And just like with Afridi that would be a massive shame.
unlikely that because he is a far better batsman than afridi.....nonetheless when sehwag does have a bad run of form, he will be quite appalling

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Afridi could be far better than he is ATM if he hadn't acquired this mentality of trying to hit everything bowled at him into the upper reaches of the atmosphere.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Richard said:
Afridi could be far better than he is ATM if he hadn't acquired this mentality of trying to hit everything bowled at him into the upper reaches of the atmosphere.
I have said it before Afridi just does not have the mentality of a cricketer.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Certainly not for the past 2 years he hasn't - he's had the mentality of a slogger and sloggers don't work in international cricket.
But without doubt in my mind up to mid-2002 Afridi always promised to become a deadly weapon in the Sehwag mould.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Yeah I remember in 2002 he came to Australia for the indoor series and for the first time I can think of he actualy had some sustained form under his belt. He failed badly in that series and has sucked ever since.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bowled reasonably in that Challenge II but yes, that was the start of his batting mentality that borders on insanity.
It really is a waste of what I genuinely believe is a serious talent.
We've seem him play innings even Sehwag wouldn't be capable of playing. Of course he's not going to be the sort of player who can average 35 in ODIs but IMO he could average about 30 striking at 100. It seems with his recent play he, and anyone concerned about him, is happy with 10 at 200.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
yes i admit defeat there... ah well i enjoyed that innings, especially cause i like malik :D who would have thought... from number 3 :p
i guess that goes 2 show i shouldnt predict

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Malik's batted well at the top of the order in ODIs before.
Wasn't too much of a surprise to me, he's a very good one-day batsman IMO.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Richard said:
Malik's batted well at the top of the order in ODIs before.
Wasn't too much of a surprise to me, he's a very good one-day batsman IMO.
yes i knew you wouldve predicted that... :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well I didn't predict it directly, but it's never too much of a surprise to me when he scores runs in the one-day game because he has done so at the top of the order plenty of times.

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
sehvag is a big mouthed... swollen headed little brat trying very hard to be tendulkar. !!!
hes never gonna come close to 200...not in this pathetic life of his. (nothing personal with him though)

biased indian

International Coach
nookie_lk said:
sehvag is a big mouthed... swollen headed little brat trying very hard to be tendulkar. !!!
hes never gonna come close to 200...not in this pathetic life of his. (nothing personal with him though)
what sehwag has said is that he would like to score 200 and every one is making a big news of it.like he had stated that he will score 200 aganisy UAE which he has never said may be had dreamed

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Richard said:
Well I didn't predict it directly, but it's never too much of a surprise to me when he scores runs in the one-day game because he has done so at the top of the order plenty of times.
yea, but 143 of them??

Waughney

International Debutant
biased indian said:
what sehwag has said is that he would like to score 200 and every one is making a big news of it.like he had stated that he will score 200 aganisy UAE which he has never said may be had dreamed
Totally agree, it wasn't set as a major goal. More of a thought/acheivable ambition.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
nookie_lk said:
that is extremely, stupidly harsh.