• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sehwag breaks world record ODI score

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
"Well I did watch some of that innings by Viru... Brilliant striking!! Congrats on your 219... That's child abuse! [As] The Mask would say, Smoking!"
West Indies batsman Chris Gayle on Twitter

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
andymcg_cricket:
Decent knock from Sehwag. #thingsthatcanhappenbeforesachins100th

:laugh: does he read Cw :D

Nomanculture

School Boy/Girl Captain
As I read in some other forum, Tendulkar now holds the record for the slowest ODI double ton. :)

Congratz Sehwag btw, we all know it's an easy track and a small ground and all, but he was coming with a string of low scores, and also his ability to keep up the tempo all the way should be hailed. Most of the batsmen out there throw it away when they reach 150-160.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
As I read in some other forum, Tendulkar now holds the record for the slowest ODI double ton. :)

Congratz Sehwag btw, we all know it's an easy track and a small ground and all, but he was coming with a string of low scores, and also his ability to keep up the tempo all the way should be hailed. Most of the batsmen out there throw it away when they reach 150-160.
What? if the track was so easy then why didn't anyone else score a century?
and the WI bowling was pretty decent I guess and has been performing well throughout the series.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year

:confused: He's held that for like 2 years.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
WAFG SehWAG. Totally out of the blue this innings. Now holds the highest DI and test scores for India.

Nomanculture

School Boy/Girl Captain
What? if the track was so easy then why didn't anyone else score a century?
and the WI bowling was pretty decent I guess and has been performing well throughout the series.
I don't know what happened to WI bats, maybe the scoreboard pressure got to them. Regarding Indians, the only players who had time with them to score tons were run out.

ganeshran

International Debutant
The par score on the pitch was 300. India would normally have reached 330-350. But it was Sehwag's blitz which got us over 400.

The_roc

U19 Captain
The boy's got talent batting on the Indian sub-continent.

Unfortunately this form is not repeated on the odd occasion when he can be persuaded to tour on the greener pitches.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
FTB, but good innings regardless. His true test will come soon enough.
Congrats.

miscer

U19 Cricketer
His "test" already came and went, twice, and he failed on both occasions. Australia isn't really a test because regardless of what people say about the supposed "hard and bouncy" pitches they're generally pretty flat. And sehwag has done exceedingly well in AUS so far.

ganeshran

International Debutant
He is not an FTB. Played marvellously on turners like the one in Galle. He doesnt thrive in conditions where the ball swings a lot.