• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Scorecard Draft - Vote here (or else...)

Vote for 5 teams

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Just to add some extra thoughts.

Best Openers Award

Jamee999

Almost the perfect opening combination. Right hand / left hand combination, technical batsman at one end, bludgeoner from the other. Two ATG opening batsmen who compiled massive innings with ease.

Middle Order Award

Blakus

Richards, Abbas, Barrington and Pietersen is a very strong middle-order. A standout lineup compared to the others (Kingkallis despite having Bradman doesn’t have the strongest middle-order).

Lower Order / Tail Award

GI Joe

Stewart at 7, Miller at 8, Lindwall at 9. That is a ridiculous amount of quality to have coming in so late in the innings.

Bowlers Award

Pskov

A perfect balance of bowlers. Davidson opening the bowling with his left-arm swing, Holding to open with flat out pace, Adcock to bowl first change and the greatest leg-spinner of all time to do the rest.

Why I voted Kingkallis

Without winning any individual award, Kingkallis overall maintained a high quality team. He has the greatest batsman of all time, and arguably the greatest bowler of all time. Awesome openers, a solid middle order, a quality wicket-keeper and a great support cast of bowlers. Most teams generally fell down in one aspect of the game, whereas I felt Kingkallis kept an overall high quality.

Weakest Team

Riggins / JTRC27594

A harsh call considering this team needed two drafters who each had different favourite players and different team balance in mind. A solid team, but it doesn’t compare well with most of the others. I didn’t give this team much chance after Michael Slater was selected in the 1st or 2nd round.

Team to Watch

GI Joe / Noble One

I have also considered which team I would prefer to watch in action. I make no secret that Brian Lara is my favourite player, and GI Joe’s team has Brian Lara in it. I also don’t mind the chance to watch his awesome pace-bowling attack in action.

I will give a vote to my own team as well. After missing out on many big names early in the draft, I changed direction to try and select an enjoyable team to watch. I couldn’t imagine a more stylish experience than watching Trumper, Mark Waugh, Gower and Crowe batting followed by some later order bashing by Flintoff.

Best Write-Up

Kingkallis

I love the picture montage for each group of cricketers. Also took the effort to compile all the key statistics. I would give a vote for his team simply for the awesomeness of his write-up.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
andyc, Athlai, honestbharani, NUFAN, Shri, weldone

:wub:
Surprised there's not more love for your team tbh. Like I said in the actual thread, would take a hell of an effort to get that batting line up, especially with Dev coming in at 8 and Tate at 9. Hell of a bowling attack, too.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I always prefer teams in these type of drafts that have 4 top bowlers + 1 or more all rounder who is not a part time bowler.

Therefore i voted accordingly having just 4 bowlers,against the batting line ups in the draft could leave you a bit short and if 1 gets injured then it is a huge problem.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Middle Order Award

Blakus

Richards, Abbas, Barrington and Pietersen is a very strong middle-order. A standout lineup compared to the others (Kingkallis despite having Bradman doesn’t have the strongest middle-order).
Blakus does have a good middle order however I quite like Somerset's - Jardine, Tendulkar, Ranji, Miandad.

kingkallis

International Coach
andyc, Athlai, BoyBrumby, Cevno, Corli, gwo, Himannv, Jamee999, Nnanden, Noble One, NUFAN, Pothas, Samuel_Vimes, Shri, Teja., weldone, zinzan12
-----
Thank you for appreciating our efforts :)