• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SBS to broadcast Ashes on Australian free-to-air TV

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Kudos to SBS. I have Foxtel, but it'll be good that everyone will have access to the Ashes series. :)

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bring on Kerry O'Keefe and Thommo. They'd be an interesting commentary duo for sure.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
i know they'll definately be using Gavin Robertson. He's been SBS's cricket expert for about 3 or 4 years now so he'll almost certainly get a run. maybe even be the captain of the commentary team.. i reckon mark waugh might get a go to..

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Josh said:
I'm unsure if they have coverage at all now... but if so, yes
Fox have exclusive rights. They will more than likely use the feed, and probably have their own commentators.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
Fox have exclusive rights. They will more than likely use the feed, and probably have their own commentators.
Ahh, I stand corrected then. If the India and New Zealand tours are anything to go by, Fox will just show the feed as they recieve it and go back to their "expert panel" during breaks. This is a blessing, as we will get the decent Sky team and not have to deal with Dean Jones or Jeff Thompson.

On the contrary Ray, my callers have insisted that i come on and set the record straight. There seems to be a few too many plodders on here and ive taken it as my responsibility to restore some kind of order.
With respect to Les's offer, ill be writting him a detailed email this afternoon outlining exactly why i believe i am the man for the job.

Ray Hadley

Cricket Spectator
John Laws CBE said:
On the contrary Ray, my callers have insisted that i come on and set the record straight. There seems to be a few too many plodders on here and ive taken it as my responsibility to restore some kind of order.
With respect to Les's offer, ill be writting him a detailed email this afternoon outlining exactly why i believe i am the man for the job.

Yes, yes I understand John...you're morally bound to do what your callers want.

But when it comes to this SBS gig I'm their man, for obvious reasons. As long as they don't employ that hippy plodlodyte, Damien Lovelock, it'll be a great production. I've already sent a detailed email to Les outlining what I think should be the production specs. I've done a few of these, so I've plenty of experience to offer.

Ray Hadley said:
Yes, yes I understand John...you're morally bound to do what your callers want.

But when it comes to this SBS gig I'm their man, for obvious reasons. As long as they don't employ that hippy plodlodyte, Damien Lovelock, it'll be a great production. I've already sent a detailed email to Les outlining what I think should be the production specs. I've done a few of these, so I've plenty of experience to offer.
Yes Ray, I understand all that and i fully support you in your quest to commentate the ashes. Ive been a big fan for a long time as you well know. However, if im not given a place in the SBS commentary team then Les Murray and co will lose my support altogether. Ive followed 24 ashes series, ive forgoten more about it than they'll ever know.

Ray Hadley

Cricket Spectator
Geez, Johnny Warren would have been perfect for this. But in his absence (god rest his soul), Les Murray has got to make some tough calls. He's ballsed it up in the past by using that Lovelock bloke, who couldn't sing for his life. What makes him some sort of sports and social commentator has got me stuffed. I'd pull his f'n ears if I could see them under that hair.

As a tax-payer funded organisation they duty bound to employ the best that's on offer. There are no more experienced people than either you or me.