• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SA t20 tournament

Howe_zat

Audio File
I dunno why you'd have a 13 man squad lined up and then pick the 11 based on the toss, so I don't think it'll change anyhting. In a test match, maybe you change the bowling attack a bit depending on conditions, or maybe you play a more defensive bat if you're put in. But in a T20? It's not like the pitch is changing in 90 minutes' time.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Captain can selects team after the toss

Paarl Royals: David Miller (C), Jason Roy, Mitchell Van Buuren, Evan Jones, Eoin Morgan, Wihan Lubbe, Ferisco Adams, Codi Yusuf, Jos Buttler, Dane Vilas, Obed McCoy, Corbin Bosch, Lungi Ngidi, Tabraiz Shamsi, Bjorn Fortuin, Imran Manack, Ramon Simmonds

Last edited:

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Paarl Royals: David Miller (C), Jason Roy, Mitchell Van Buuren, Evan Jones, Eoin Morgan, Wihan Lubbe, Ferisco Adams, Codi Yusuf, Jos Buttler, Dane Vilas, Obed McCoy, Corbin Bosch, Lungi Ngidi, Tabraiz Shamsi, Bjorn Fortuin, Imran Manack, Ramon Simmonds
Royals have a good team. Roy, Jones, buttler, van Burren, Adams vilas and Bosch is a top 7 that picks itself and Ngidi, shamsi, fortuin and McCoy is a solid 4 man unit. Batting down to 8 with fortuin aswell. Only issue is Bosch as the 3rd seamer. Anyone know if Jones can bowl upfront ala Washington Sundar?

G. S. Kohli

MI Cape Town Squad: Dewald Brevis, Liam Livingstone, George Linde, Delano Potgieter, Rassie van der Dussen, Ryan Rickelton(w), Sam Curran, Rashid Khan(c), Kagiso Rabada, Jofra Archer, Odean Smith, Olly Stone, Beuran Hendricks, Ziyaad Abrahams, Grant Roelofsen, Waqar Salamkheil, Wesley Marshall, Duan Jansen

I wish Brevis in playing xl today

I think on paper very good team under Rashid khan. Afghanistan also announced Rashid will be their T20I captain

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I dunno why you'd have a 13 man squad lined up and then pick the 11 based on the toss, so I don't think it'll change anyhting. In a test match, maybe you change the bowling attack a bit depending on conditions, or maybe you play a more defensive bat if you're put in. But in a T20? It's not like the pitch is changing in 90 minutes' time.
Only real thing I could think of was weather... if they only need to pick the team before going on then if weather intervenes between toss and play it could make a difference. Also maybe bat first vs chasing might change things...

Dendarii

International Debutant
It could be that they're testing it out here with a view to see whether there's any merit in trying it in other formats, even if I don't know how well you can judge its success since I agree that it's not going to have a huge impact in T20s.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
What on earth is this mumbai batting lineup? Poetgieter-Curran-Linde as the 5 6 7 in a t20 batting lineup is filthy. Especially when you have liam ****ing livingstone sitting on the bench.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Royals lineup looks better but starting the raymond guy over mccoy feels weird with both being windies internatiols, also no idea why there not playing one of bosch or jones, both are better cricketers than wihan lubbe.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Royals lineup looks better but starting the raymond guy over mccoy feels weird with both being windies internatiols, also no idea why there not playing one of bosch or jones, both are better cricketers than wihan lubbe.
Mccoy pulled out due to injury.

G. S. Kohli

What on earth is this mumbai batting lineup? Poetgieter-Curran-Linde as the 5 6 7 in a t20 batting lineup is filthy. Especially when you have liam ****ing livingstone sitting on the bench.
Some problem with Livingstone.
ECB pull out Harry Brooks from SA 20 something Cooking.