• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Running, jumping, throwing n stuff

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is the women's 100m world record the least authentic one still going?
Not according to Americans :ph34r:

Flo Jo was the classic doper

Massive improvement in a short period followed by sudden retirement & tragic early death

The transformation in her body in one season was absurd

Her records and that of Marita Koch are a blight on the sport

Chin Music

State 12th Man
Not according to Americans :ph34r:

Flo Jo was the classic doper

Massive improvement in a short period followed by sudden retirement & tragic early death

The transformation in her body in one season was absurd

Her records and that of Marita Koch are a blight on the sport

I got loads of s**t at my cricket club years ago when I said it was the most dodgy one going years ago. Any real look at the differences and the fact of the sudden retirement, most conveniently when out of competition testing commenced really nails that, on top of what you have pointed out.

social

I got loads of s**t at my cricket club years ago when I said it was the most dodgy one going years ago. Any real look at the differences and the fact of the sudden retirement, most conveniently when out of competition testing commenced really nails that, on top of what you have pointed out.
That Olympics was arguably the dirtiest in history but all the focus was upon Johnson when history shows that virtually every finalist popped for steroids

Johnson and Flo were blatant

You have to feel sympathy for someone like Raelene Boyle who would have been a multiple time Olympic champion if not for admitted drug cheats

Chin Music

State 12th Man
That Olympics was arguably the dirtiest in history but all the focus was upon Johnson when history shows that virtually every finalist popped for steroids

Johnson and Flo were blatant

You have to feel sympathy for someone like Raelene Boyle who would have been a multiple time Olympic champion if not for admitted drug cheats
Yes, I recall that re the men's 100 and that nearly everyone subsequently was found to be doping at some point.

social

Yes, I recall that re the men's 100 and that nearly everyone subsequently was found to be doping at some point.
Carl Lewis was a drug cheat and that was confirmed at the time but swept under the carpet to get Johnson

Same with Linford Christie

Something like 7/8 finalists got done

Flo Jo was a bridge too far

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Carl Lewis was a drug cheat and that was confirmed at the time but swept under the carpet to get Johnson

There is a famous book called The Dirtiest Race in History about the Seoul men's 100m final. I haven't actually read it, but apparently it is pretty good.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Must have been under a rock, when was Lewis caught?

social

There is a famous book called The Dirtiest Race in History about the Seoul men's 100m final. I haven't actually read it, but apparently it is pretty good.
I had a girlfriend in the 90s who worked in elite sports

She told me that virtually every elite athlete was on stuff

It was accepted

Chin Music

State 12th Man

There's nothing that you have set out that I hadn't heard of before and the circumstance of what happened to everyone else still leaves me angry. I guess they kept the most marketable athletes onside because of potential loss of sponsorship?

social

The big difference between Lewis and Johnson is that Carl was always quick

Johnson doped to close the gap

Lewis doped to keep up with a doper

Same thing with Boyle & Stecher with one important difference

Boyle basically broke every junior world record before being beaten in the Olympics by a woman who later admitted to being on steroids

Meanwhile, Boyle never got caught and is remembered as a 3 time silver medalist when it should be 3 gold

Stecher literally confessed but they didn’t strip her

Absolute disgrace what happened to Boyle

Last edited:

Ali TT

International Debutant
The big difference between Lewis and Johnson is that Carl was always quick

Johnson doped to close the gap

Lewis doped to keep up with a doper

Same thing with Boyle & Stecher with one important difference

Boyle basically broke every junior world record before being beaten in the Olympics by a woman who later admitted to being on steroids

Meanwhile, Boyle never got caught and is remembered as a 3 time silver medalist when it should be 3 gold

Stecher literally confessed but they didn’t strip her

Absolute disgrace what happened to Boyle
Not sure Lewis just doped to catch up with Johnson. I remember watching a doc where they talked about the US drug testing at the LA games. Pretty sure they had samples on all the main athletes that showed they were on the juice but it got covered up.

Ali TT

International Debutant
Josh Kerr wins the 1500m, defeating the much fancied Norseman Jakob Ingebritsen. Australia get a half gold in the women's assisted jumping.

weeman27bob

International Regular
Looks like Keely Hodgkinson didn't quite have the legs today, probably needed to be leading that one out.

weeman27bob

International Regular
Pretty decent championships on the track for Team GB with medals in all sorts of events. Definitely not in a great position in some of the field events though.

2 golds, 3 silvers and 5 bronze is a good effort though.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shout out to the fella who casually ran 42.195kms in 2 hours and 35 seconds overnight to win the Chicago marathon and break the world record. 21kph for 2 hours is nothing short of ridiculous imo.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bloke has run three marathons in his life, all in the past 12 months and all within the top six times in history.

Get ****ed. Seriously, get ****ed.

Ali TT

International Debutant
Bloke has run three marathons in his life, all in the past 12 months and all within the top six times in history.

Get ****ed. Seriously, get ****ed.
The woman's record was also smashed a couple of weeks ago. Some controversy about the shoes they are wearing, reminiscent of the swimming suits that were banned 15 or so years ago.

Tbh, whether it's new technology, PEDs or neither, these times are just incredible. It's not as if he's motorised.