• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby Union All-Time Draft

Francis

State Vice-Captain
Well ohtani's jacket just stole my very next two choices.

I'll select Jan Ellis at no. 7. I was told by one South African that Ellis was more of a carrier and Greyling was more of a fetcher. But South Africa played their flankers left-right in those days, so I'm OK with picking Ellis as an openside flanker. If anybody wants to disagree with that, that's fine because Kirkpatrick is sometimes selected at openside in some all-time sides, for example, Barry John's all-time XV.

Like Kirkpatrick, Ellis scored a ridiculous try for a flanker. He scored this try against the Barbarians in 1970. It feels good having a South African in my side.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Torn between at least four here, but am going with the dancing feet of Jason Robinson. The kind of talent us Anglo Saxons produce all too rarely; our three-quarters tend to be out and out fliers like the aforementioned Underwood snr or running slabs of muscle. Billy Whizz had the whole package: lightening over ten yards, eye for space & (possibly because of his league background) a beautifully timed off-load.

His definitive moment was his try in the first Lions test versus Oz in 2001. A certain Aussie wing (unnamed here because he's a very fine player in his own right and might be selected & hasn't been yet) showed him the outside & Robinson was gone in a space of no more than three yards.
v

Very nearly picked Robinson instead of O'Driscoll, but I decided that I didn't want my first 3 backs to be the back 3 players.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My turn then, I really dont know who to pick, pretty much dont know any more union players, particuarly forwards. Will go another former Broncos player, in the back this time Lote Tuqiri, maybe at centre.

99*

International Debutant
Volty is up. Reckon Perm's gone from this, any objections? Will release his players at the start of the next round.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Rupeni Caucaunibuca (#11) - Fiji.

Of course, he'd only get a start if he was fit and wasn't ****ing around my administration. When he was on song (particularly 2003) he was nothing short of unstoppable.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Rupeni Caucaunibuca (#11) - Fiji.

Of course, he'd only get a start if he was fit and wasn't ****ing around my administration. When he was on song (particularly 2003) he was nothing short of unstoppable.
I had him lined up for my other winger in a few rounds' time, with all his issues I didn't think he'd be taken this early.

I'll take Raphael Ibanez (#2) for my selection.

BTW, 99* whats with Tiger back in your avatar - you lost that bet months ago! :laugh:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Volty is up. Reckon Perm's gone from this, any objections? Will release his players at the start of the next round.
I'd sooner they weren't made available; wouldn't have picked Cullen & Kronfeld so early if I'd know JPR Williams & McCaw might still be possibles.

99*

International Debutant
BTW, 99* whats with Tiger back in your avatar - you lost that bet months ago! :laugh:
I don't know? Whenever I had logged in I didn't have an avatar, then today it was back. Will find a new one later.

BoyBrumby said:
I'd sooner they weren't made available; wouldn't have picked Cullen & Kronfeld so early if I'd know JPR Williams & McCaw might still be possibles.
Yeah fair enough, was up for suggestions anyway.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Andy Hayden (Not to sure on spelling) (Lock) and Billy Wallace (Anywhere across backline apart from halfback but preferred right wing) for my next picks please