• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby League - International

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Leeds back. Listed as a full-back in the comp, but plays more on the wing 'cos of Brent Webb being at the Rhinos. Profile. Was fairly cheap @ £150,000 & ran in a brace today.
So, of course he's dropped for the next game. FFS McClennan.

When did Mark O'Meley leave the Roosters? Can't have been too long ago.
Don't think O'Meley's ever even played up here. Morley was the last Pom to make a proper impact down there, although Carney went ok with the Knights for a season, his Irishness notwithstanding.

Mark Edmondson actually had a season with the Chooks with Morley (2006?) too, but don't think he got much of a go in the NRL. Out of the game completely now too, poor bloke.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Week One Super League Dream Team Update

No changed in position, save for Matteh joining us and relegating Simon to 5th.

Pretty chuffed with my return considering I only had 10 players starting. Kickers definitely the way to go in this.

1. One Vowel From Hell (Brumby) 81
2. Sweet Potatoes (steds) 69
3. NUFAN DO IT (bowie) 63
4. Team Matteh (Matteh) 49
5. PSV Eindhoven (Simon_ACT) 40

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah I'll be better for the run.

I had just about 10 players too.

Hopefully that young centre continues to kick this week!

Pat Richards will be the leading scorer I am certain, If he doesn't get injured.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Hopefully that young centre continues to kick this week!
Which one?

I'll be sorted when Murphy's fit again. Not sure if Pryce the younger's non-appearance is due to injury or being just as **** as when he left for union, but him getting a game would be nice too.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Which one?

I'll be sorted when Murphy's fit again. Not sure if Pryce the younger's non-appearance is due to injury or being just as **** as when he left for union, but him getting a game would be nice too.
I've forgotten his name. Tyrar or something from St Helens, I just bought him for week 2.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Did Webster ever kick in Oz? Feel I've missed a trick in not picking him.
Nah he didn't kick, tbh I just picked him for his try scoring.

When he was at Melbourne he was behind Cam Smith and Steve Turner.

At Titans last year he was behind heaps of players..
Delaney, Rogers, Campbell, Prince, Lewis, Hilder.

He played very well in 2006, but was so quiet in 2007.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ha. Great minds & all that. I've got Murphy too & did have Pryce minor as well, but dumped him when he was left out of Wigan's intial 20 for Goulding, who ran in two. :cool:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ha. Great minds & all that. I've got Murphy too & did have Pryce minor as well, but dumped him when he was left out of Wigan's intial 20 for Goulding, who ran in two. :cool:
I had Murphy but got rid of him for someone even cheaper, Ryan Hall from Leeds.

Also went for Clough instead of Sculthorpe and picked Wigan's Paul Prescott instead of Duckworth.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I've forgotten his name. Tyrar or something from St Helens, I just bought him for week 2.
Ste Tyrer. Will kick in all the games he plays in. Gonna be a decent player, but not just yet. May play this week, but I don't think it's likely. The concensus along the grapevine is that Talau didn't play due to the effects of an *ahem* "alcohol related incident" in St Helens town. They'll want his experience against Gleeson and King.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ste Tyrer. Will kick in all the games he plays in. Gonna be a decent player, but not just yet. May play this week, but I don't think it's likely. The concensus along the grapevine is that Talau didn't play due to the effects of an *ahem* "alcohol related incident" in St Helens town. They'll want his experience against Gleeson and King.
Hopefully he needs rehab or a long stint on the sidelines atleast.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Steven Kearney has been announced as the new Kiwis coach, with Wayne Bennett as his mentor. Good appointments, hopefully we can see Kearney bring back some passion to the Kiwis.

Link

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Updated Scores..

1 One Vowel From Hell Brumby 143
2 NUFAN DO IT bowie 125
3 Sweet Potatoes steds 104
4 Team Matteh Matteh 80
5 PSV Eindhoven Simon_ACT 64

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Week Three Super League Dream Team Update

No positional changes this week, although Si closes up on Matteh very slightly & I extend my lead at the top.

Need some serious changes this week tho; have two Hull KR & two Leeds players in my squad.

1. One Vowel From Hell 189
2. NUFAN DO IT 162
3. Sweet Potatoes 137
4. Team Matteh 110
5. PSV Eindhoven 98