• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby league draft! Second edition

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Round 1:

Morgieb - Andrew Johns
Flem274* - Mal Meninga
Kraken - Brad Fittler
mr_mister - Laurie Daley
Shady Slim - Johnathan Thurston
social - Cameron Smith
Burgey - Brett Kenny

Round 2:

Burgey - Ricky Stuart
social - Stacey Jones
Shady Slim - Cooper Cronk
mr_mister - Greg Inglis
Kraken - Peter Stirling
Flem274* - Darren Lockyer
morgieb - Steve Walters

Round 3:
  1. Flem274* - Sonny Bill
  2. social - Jason Taumalolo
  3. mr_mister - Gordon Tallis
  4. Burgey - Danny Buderus
  5. Kraken - Benny Elias
  6. morgieb
  7. Shady Slim
Round 4:

Shady Slim
morgieb
Kraken
Burgey
mr_mister
social
Flem274*

Round 5:
  1. social
  2. Kraken
  3. morgieb
  4. mr_mister
  5. Burgey
  6. Shady Slim
  7. Flem274*
Round 6:

Flem274*
Shady Slim
Burgey
mr_mister
morgieb
Kraken
social

Shady Slim

International Coach
a lot of excellent potential bronco choices but before they all go i'll take fmr Sen The Honourable Glenn Lazarus OAM, before outing myself as a zoomer again with jarryd hayne

hope morgie's doing alright also

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
James Tedesco - Roosters

1. Tedesco (Roosters)
2-5
6. Kenny (Parra)
7. Stuart (Canberra)
9. Buderus (Knights)
10-17.

mr_mister

Maybe a bit premature a draft pick as he wasn't like, immortal material, but I loved to hate Jason Smith as a kid so that tells me he was probably pretty good at terrorising Balmain and NSW

1. Greg Inglis
6. Laurie Daley
12. Gordon Tallis
13. Jason Smith

mr_mister

Best backrower ever imo. Doesn't get the wraps he deserves in the ATG stakes.
Yeah 2 Clive Churchills is decent. Much like Ricky Stuart, no origin appearances after 1994 might have affected his legacy a bit I think. I know super league played a part though

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think maybe there's been some guys come along who might be a bit bigger and more explosive since him so get a few more wraps, but no one ever beat Clyde's work rate or his effort, let alone his running game which was good enough.

There was a great story of when he made his first grade dayboo and the week after Tim Sheens called in workaholic back rowers Dean Lance and Gary Coyne to show them the stats. Clyde made more tackles and more runs than the two of them combined. And how often was he the bloke back behind the ball for the first carry after a kick return by Belcher or one of the wingers? Forwards today don't often take a carry before the third tackle in that situation. The man had the best motor on a league player I've ever seen. Even better than Ray Price.

social

Yep

I was going to pick Clyde as well

He was the prototype for the modern player and before his time

Shady Slim

International Coach
Maybe a bit premature a draft pick as he wasn't like, immortal material, but I loved to hate Jason Smith as a kid so that tells me he was probably pretty good at terrorising Balmain and NSW

1. Greg Inglis
6. Laurie Daley
12. Gordon Tallis
13. Jason Smith
already guaranteeing you don't get the shady slim vote by chucking GI at fullback where i think he's marginal imho

mr_mister

already guaranteeing you don't get the shady slim vote by chucking GI at fullback where i think he's marginal imho
Would he better served at centre? I didn't watch much in the 2010s. Can't have him at five eighth of course with Daley