• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round of 16: France v Switzerland (in Bucharest, Romania)

Who will win?

• France

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Switzerland

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha yep. That dribbles tamely wide in basically every game of football you watch.
Someone on Twitter said he had about 8 different opportunities to snatch at it and somehow waited until the perfect moment. Then hit it perfectly.

What a ****ing game too, cannot believe that.

Uppercut

Deschamps out.
I don’t rate him as low as you, I wouldn’t say he’s in the bottom tier of international managers who make very basic selection errors. But I also struggle to see what he’s bringing to the table. Would they be any worse without a manager? I doubt it.

Despise his defensive style too. Such a waste.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, I'm definitely taking the situation into account. If pushed, I'd argue that it was a more difficult finish anyway, what with actually having to put the ball past a keeper.

Last edited:

morgieb

you say that but the clips of the swiss commentary going around - both the german and the french - are pretty wild. the german commentator gets so excited that he ends up speaking in an unintelligible mish-mash of swiss german, normal german, and english.
Yeah my sister posted images of the Swiss going nuts at the place she was watching at. Definitely not indifferent haha

Still a funny image though.