• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round 16 and Beyond

Blaze

Banned
aussie said:
Brillaint france send Brazil home..
Why do you want all European teams in the semi finals?

Surely a country from another part of the world would be good?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I wonder what the fish will use as an excuse for Henry scoring this time. Brazil hadn't conceded a goal before this game, so he can't use the minnow basher one.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Blaze said:
Why do you want all European teams in the semi finals?

Surely a country from another part of the world would be good?
even though Brazil are a great side i'm not really a fan, so i want them out.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
I wonder what the fish will use as an excuse for Henry scoring this time. Brazil hadn't conceded a goal before this game, so he can't use the minnow basher one.
*cough* Japan *cough*

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
steds said:
What you mean the one from 4 yards out where for the first time all game he'd actually managed to stay onside?

That makes his record 3 easy goals from 6+ easy chances this World Cup.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
*cough* Japan *cough*
I blame Cassidy

Tim: Sweet Sixteen - 19/6/06 says:
Germany v Brazil: Are you thinking the same?
"My preferred England team: Strauss, Trescothick - although I obviously prefer Sutcliffe, Cook..." says:
possibly
"My preferred England team: Strauss, Trescothick - although I obviously prefer Sutcliffe, Cook..." says:
no side's looked unbeatable in this tournament
i'll just sit on the fence for a while longer
Tim: Sweet Sixteen - 19/6/06 says:
Brazil hasn't conceded a goal

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Wonderful performance from France, really. Zidane was fantastic, and Ribery, Makelele and Malouda were superb also. Top class finish from Henry also, who has certainly shown his importance and value to France this World Cup.

Brazil nothing special, as they have been all WC. Like England you just kept waiting for them to put in a really great performance that didn't come. Germany vs France looks the most likely final now.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
damn England have really blew it, Brazil are out of the world cup they really could beat any of the teams left it they played well.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
France were brilliant tonight, Zidane was simply awesome, magnificent, living legend. And in Ribery they have one hell of a talent, if he can learn to finish he will be a superstar.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Wonderful performance from France, really. Zidane was fantastic, and Ribery, Makelele and Malouda were superb also. Top class finish from Henry also, who has certainly shown his importance and value to France this World Cup.
Did you know he was a big game bottler?

Blaze

Banned
Dissapointed that Brazil are out, although France did well to shut them down.

Ronaldinho had a poor tournament and got shown up by Zidane today...

I guess I will support France from here, can't see how anyone would like to see Portugal do well considering the way they have conducted themselves in their two knockout games...

I hate Italy even more though...

My Rankings of who I would like to see win it from here.

1) France
2) Germany
3) Portugal
4) Italy

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
damn England have really blew it, Brazil are out of the world cup they really could beat any of the teams left it they played well.
Discrediting France there mate, they were unbelievable good tonight everything clicked and they fully deserved the win. It was not like Brazil did not turn up, France did not allow them to play. As FaaipDeOiad said Makelele and co. were immense.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Blaze said:
Dissapointed that Brazil are out, although France did well to shut them down.

Ronaldinho had a poor tournament and got shown up by Zidane today...

I guess I will support France from here, can't see how anyone would like to see Portugal do well considering the way they have conducted themselves in their two knockout games...

I hate Italy even more though...

My Rankings of who I would like to see win it from here.

1) France
2) Germany
3) Portugal
4) Italy
Forza Italia!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
TT Boy said:
Do you live in the 18th century? (Does gay mean happy?) I'm not going by bank balance. The word peasant has far more connotations and meanings than just social status. Uneducated people which Rooney is (no matter what his current social status is) can be classified as peasants if their actions and taste are of a simple and antediluvian like way. Sleeping with 60 year old whores, stamping on people’s ********, are classic characteristics of the 21st century peasantry.

Apologies for the northern comment though, I have family which live and originate from Liverpool, so no disrespect I actually like scousers.
I'm not personally offended by the northern comment. I was simply saying it's not a reasoned argument.

Anyway, your definition of "peasant" is clearly not a very common one, because the word to me means someone who is poor, uncultured, uneducated and lives off the land. Like Nebraska potato farmers or something. To put it simply, it's a class distinction, not a behavioural one. It certainly doesn't mean millionaire football stars who act like idiots sometimes.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
TT Boy said:
Did you know he was a big game bottler?
I heard that, yeah. Certainly can't argue with it, it's not like scoring the only goal in a world cup quarter final against Brazil matters. I suppose the "big game" will be the next one he doesn't have an impact in. Against Portugal maybe.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
I'm not personally offended by the northern comment. I was simply saying it's not a reasoned argument.

Anyway, your definition of "peasant" is clearly not a very common one, because the word to me means someone who is poor, uncultured, uneducated and lives off the land. Like Nebraska potato farmers or something. To put it simply, it's a class distinction, not a behavioural one. It certainly doesn't mean millionaire football stars who act like idiots sometimes.
It has different resonance to me but each to their own.