• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Role of rain in semi final line-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I recommend awarding sunilz the title of Myth Slayer. All in agreement like this post.

Last edited:

sunilz

International Regular
Also Rohit Sharma should replace Adam " 1 CENTURY in 3 WC " Gilchrist in ODI ATXI as opener . And this would also mean there is no competition to Dhoni from Gilchrist in ODI ATXI team. This would also mean Dhoni vs Bevan comparison becomes meaningless . :ph34r:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
The India match was a brain-dead decision from Sarfaraz despite WC winning captain Imran khan explicitly telling the foolish management to bat first. The damp conditions and the fact that the pitch was covered played a part in the decision. Australia won the toss vs Pak.
Did WC winning captain Imran Khan also instruct them to fold for 74 all out and hope that rain carries them to the knock-outs like it did in 1992?

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
If you think Pakistan are unlucky here, you must also believe that Pakistan don't deserve to have won the 1992 World Cup because they only made it through because of rain.

So either you admit that Pakistan never deservedly won a World Cup ever, or you're a hypocritical crybaby with a deplorable lack of common sense and cricketing knowledge
In 1992 rain robbed Pakistan of a point Vs SA and helped them get a point Vs Eng. It was fair overall.

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Did WC winning captain Imran Khan also instruct them to fold for 74 all out and hope that rain carries them to the knock-outs like it did in 1992?
You seem to be having a go at me for no reason. I'll respond when Shakib, Mustafizur, Rahim and Mortaza can achieve 0.5% of what Imran did.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
You seem to be having a go at me for no reason. I'll respond when Shakib, Mustafizur, Rahim and Mortaza can achieve 0.5% of what Imran did.
Well, there was reason enough. You brought up Imran Khan's instructions as if they were meant to be obeyed and all would have been fine.

In the immortal words of Wade Wilson, "Luck is not a super power".

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Shakib alone has already achieved it this World Cup, definitely much more than 0.5% of what Imran did in WC as an allrounder if you are talking about cricket achievements. But if you are referring to becoming PM or his multiple relationships, then that is a different story.

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
lmao Pakistan lost the game to SA fair and square what are you on about
Pakistan were 75 odd for 2 chasing 212 when it rained and the revised target became 200 off 35 overs. Pakistan got screwed over by rain in that match. It was only fitting that it helped them get a point Vs England.

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Shakib alone has already achieved it this World Cup, definitely much more than 0.5% of what Imran did in WC as an allrounder if you are talking about cricket achievements. But if you are referring to becoming PM or his multiple relationships, then that is a different story.
Imran won his team a World Cup; Shakib couldn't even get them through the group stages. We could also talk about Imran's personal contribution with the bat in the final where he took the bull by the horns and batted at 3 and scored for his team....a certain someone played 2 WC finals and completely failed in both of them...

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Bangladesh don't rely on rain to luck out on their sole claim to fame in history, and their army doesn't appoint puppet prime ministers, so Shakib probably will fall well short on all but the personal front.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No he hasn’t. You were doing so well and over reached.

Burgey

Watch out everyone, AmirFan is like a cornered tiger here. Anything could happen.

But probably won’t.

Flem274*

123/5
i always feel slightly bad for good lads like trundler who have to read their team get slaughtered during these mass pile ons, but then i won't begrudge him giving us a nudge on wednesday when we catch the plane home.

several days after pakistan fly out iirc

vcs

Also Rohit Sharma should replace Adam " 1 CENTURY in 3 WC " Gilchrist in ODI ATXI as opener . And this would also mean there is no competition to Dhoni from Gilchrist in ODI ATXI team. This would also mean Dhoni vs Bevan comparison becomes meaningless . :ph34r:
I can get on board with this. :laugh:

TheJediBrah

Pakistan were 75 odd for 2 chasing 212 when it rained and the revised target became 200 off 35 overs. Pakistan got screwed over by rain in that match. It was only fitting that it helped them get a point Vs England.
lol rubbish. Rain might have favoured SA slightly in that scenario but not significantly enough to complain about (and it was 194 in 36 overs, don't exaggerate), or enough to justify Pak losing by as much as they did.

compared to the match against Eng which Pakistan were 100% going to lose, absolutely. Horrid comparison. Pakistan owe their only real cricketing achievement to a rained out match, accept it. Or accept that you are a deplorable hypocrite for complaining about the same thing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.