• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the Ashes 2021/22

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He may need to bowl from both ends though, which is problematic.

england needs to throw a bit of caution to the wind and go a bit all out on pace for this series, even with Archer out. They’re going to get royally dicked if they rely on Anderson and Broad here at this stage of their careers along with some dibbly dobbly conditions depdent plodder like a Curran or someone. They’ll be can on fodder. It won’t swing here so it’ll be like 75mph throw downs on the bowling machine. And that’s against our blokes, half of whom can’t bat.

they need to carry (and they’ll be carried because they’re dead wood out here at their age) no more than one of Broad and Anderson per test, play wood each game he’s fit (hopefully all of them for their sake) and bank on the two best credentialed other genuinely fast blokes in the County system. Unless they brinf a couple of properly fast blokes or find someone who’sa thousand feet tall it’ll be over as a contest by day three of the third test.

Burgey

Oh, and Leach has to be your spinner. SLA will work bette than offies for you guys out here

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member

england needs to throw a bit of caution to the wind and go a bit all out on pace for this series, even with Archer out. They’re going to get royally dicked if they rely on Anderson and Broad here at this stage of their careers along with some dibbly dobbly conditions depdent plodder like a Curran or someone. They’ll be can on fodder. It won’t swing here so it’ll be like 75mph throw downs on the bowling machine. And that’s against our blokes, half of whom can’t bat.

they need to carry (and they’ll be carried because they’re dead wood out here at their age) no more than one of Broad and Anderson per test, play wood each game he’s fit (hopefully all of them for their sake) and bank on the two best credentialed other genuinely fast blokes in the County system. Unless they brinf a couple of properly fast blokes or find someone who’sa thousand feet tall it’ll be over as a contest by day three of the third test.
Stone might be fit, but we're not holding our breath on that one. But I agree that we're probably dicked either way.

Kraken

International 12th Man

even if they find these bowlers, their batting will be feasted upon by Cummins and Haze. Hopefully Sydney out of lockdown to truly enjoy it

Burgey

Yeah stone looked good from what little I saw of him.
****ing injuries man. Just hate the way they cruel potentially good contests. Archer out here on Brisbane and Perth would have been a proper highlight

Burgey

even if they find these bowlers, their batting will be feasted upon by Cummins and Haze. Hopefully Sydney out of lockdown to truly enjoy it
Yeah but our batting is **** unless TPC fires up. Warner is cooked these days and oh so very very tired unless it’s the IPL. Marnus due a back to reality series too, he’s not a 55 plus average player.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year

Sadly our other genuine quick other than Wood and Archer is Olly Stone, who's crocked as well (stress fracture, big doubt if he'll fit in time). Don't think we've anyone else who can match those 3.

Hopefully Robinson will go ok due to the bounce he gets, and he seems to be pretty accurate too. But Warner/Marnus/Smith in Oz is likely to be too much for us.

Obviously, all a bit moot 'cause our batting is shocking anyway, but it'd be nice if we can take more wickets than last time, at least.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I reckon Smith has England mentally; they just don't look as if they think they can dismiss him, and he doesn't disagree. I'm pretty sure his average against other sides is way less than against England since he became good.

Burgey

Yeah I think Aus will win but it’s own batting is fragile these days you’re almost always in the contest if you hit decent areas. Smith’s tendinitis is apparently prett bad so will need to see how fit he is. As always he’s the key to our batting

Kraken

International 12th Man
Yeah but our batting is **** unless TPC fires up. Warner is cooked these days and oh so very very tired unless it’s the IPL. Marnus due a back to reality series too, he’s not a 55 plus average player.
All good points tbh. I just feel like this is setting up as a summer for an average at best player to have a golden run and score some runs (hopefully a new south Welshman)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Tbh I don’t see why we should play this series, until we get our apology for the cheating last time we were over there anyway.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Our batting isn't great against decent bowling or in swinging conditions minus smith and marnus atm, but all of the hacks in our side (Harris, Head, Wade, etc) are still capable of bullying average attacks at home. Not scared for anything england can throw at us bowling wise aside from jimmy and a random meme-spell from stokes.

TheJediBrah

Unless those attacks are Sri Lanka B-team I haven't seen any of those bully anyone anywhere

And yeah I'm a dick I know but tbh Archer getting an elbow injury is something I could've picked from the first time I saw him "bowl"

morgieb

Unless those attacks are Sri Lanka B-team I haven't seen any of those bully anyone anywhere

And yeah I'm a dick I know but tbh Archer getting an elbow injury is something I could've picked from the first time I saw him "bowl"
Yeah, those guys are just ****. Though I guess Head's mostly only played strong attacks other than that Sri Lanka series.

But definite breakout potential for Green and (assuming he's actually fit) Pucovski for this series. Hopefully K-Pat/Renshaw/Pillow/etc can score some runs at the start of next season.