• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Richard's domination of threads and wanting to have the last word

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpr

International Coach
ffs Dickinson, stop using real names, how the hell am i supposed to know who that last post was for?

;)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
In recent times Richard has linked to who he's talking about. For example:

I agree with Mitchell...
So to know who exactly said that you basically go through the following :-

1.Click the link,
2.Enter your username and password to know that poster's name
3. Come back to the thread
4. If there are more names, go back to 1

8-) 8-)

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
So to know who exactly said that you basically go through the following :-

1.Click the link,
2.Enter your username and password to know that poster's name
3. Come back to the thread
4. If there are more names, go back to 1

8-) 8-)
Doesn't it keep you logged in? :confused:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Doesn't it keep you logged in? :confused:
For some reason mine doesn't when I click on those links. Even if it did why should I be made to click on those links, it is highly distracting and annoying.

If someone wants to use the real names and wants others to know who he/she is talking about then he/she can simply post the forum name in brackets or something as opposed to going to the member profile, copying the urk and then inserting the weblink here...sheesh..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The only reason Sanz has to log-in is because the link Jack posted is using a different tag (there's http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/ and http://forum.cricketweb.net/).

This is something that's beginning to cause problems - I think a separate thread is in order to address this.

If the links coincide, all you have to do is click on the link to get said profile. In any case, I tend to link to post rather than profile, which negates this as you don't need to be logged-in to view a post the way you do a profile or attachment.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I can honestly say I have never heard of this guy or seen a post by him (that I remember). Hence, to me he will henceforth by known as Half Man, Half Biscuit

Furthermore, you are Nigel Blackwell and I claim my Five Pounds.
Nah - as Halz said, he sadly pretty well never posts any more and hasn't for quite some time, other than in the Downtime Report forum.

But he's very much still a huge, huge player in the site. And he was a terrific poster back in t' day, one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

biased indian

International Coach
SELECT post.username, COUNT(post.postid) FROM post INNER JOIN thread ON (thread.threadid = post.threadid) WHERE thread.forumid=10 AND post.dateline>1167609600 GROUP BY post.username

*nerd*
i think post will only have userid....so chances are it will not work :)

Loony BoB

International Captain
I know it works - I've used it on some forums I admin. :) Posts need a threadid in order to know which thread the post is going to appear in. ;)

biased indian

International Coach
I know it works - I've used it on some forums I admin. :) Posts need a threadid in order to know which thread the post is going to appear in. ;)
threadid it will have i said about the username

why u will keep username in post table ?????

it will be in user table rite..u will be having only userid in the post table

Loony BoB

International Captain
Oh, no, it has username as well. No idea why, as you're right in that it's just duplicating information needlessly given that userid is already there.

Status
Not open for further replies.