• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Richard's domination of threads and wanting to have the last word

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

International 12th Man
I actually didn't....hit reply at the end of page 2 (I'm on 40ppp) without realising there was a page 3 then read them

Nonetheless, I stand by the fact that cyber-bullying does occur towards Rich, and obviously I'm not alone in thinking this.
Haha, fair call. Definitely is cyber-bullied is this Richard chap though.

What a bizarre thread. Do people seriously get wound up by an Internet Forum? Of the two mentioned in this thread I like Perm's style of posting, usually short and straight to the point. Although I think Richard often posts the most infernal drivel it's not like the World is coming to an end and people who are genuinely disturbed by it probably have a much more deep-seated problem somewhere else in their life.:mellow:
I'm seriously disturbed by this whole incident, this isn't just an Internet forum, it's life, damnit!

The links were there for a reason, TBH, and I've made certain to do it ATT whenever I use a name-which-bears-no-resemblence-to-posting-ID - to make sure everyone knows what and who I'm on about. I myself, as I've said before, feel a bit silly calling someone, say, "Prince EWS" when I know them much best as "Rob Cribb" - and even more so when it's something totally random like "The Baconator" or "pasag" (you know the story there of course? Of course you do - even you call him "Gelman" ;)). Yet it's perfectly reasonable that many people wouldn't know who I'm on about, so I make it clear beyond all doubt. I can't see the problem with this - if anything it's better, as it helps newer members get to grips with who's who.
Please never use my real name, only my forum name, thank you.

If none of us wanted to have the last word on a discussion (and just content with saying our opinions once) there actually wont be any arguments and discussions on this forum so I dont see wanting to have the Last word is a bad thing in anyway.
I'm more of a I'll-say-my-piece-then-piss-off-and-leave-you-all-to-mull-over-the-stupidity-of-said-piece kinda guy. Clearly I haven't applied that to this thread, I love a good stupid argument. The problem is definitely when two people go head to head arguing over something that they clearly will never agree on and instead of being reasonable and agreeing to disagree they decide to argue against each other incessantly until one finally gives up because it just is not worth and the one left thinks he has won but he only won the stubborn fool competition they hosted at your local TAB last Thursday. Try saying all that in one breath.

See that multi-quote in action, yahoo! :cool:

All that said, the only thing I know about Richard is that he's the worst coach CWXI ever had.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Richard is gun. Perm is gun. I don't care if you use my real name though it could be confusing for newbies. Last word arguments a dumb and should be resolved with either a "I agree with you now" or a "Lets agree to disagree." Thats my two cents

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't care if you use my real name though it could be confusing for newbies.
Which is why I'll always make it lethally clear who I'm on about, eg: as Kieran said or I disagree with Smith. Not only does it mean n00bs aren't confused, but rather they then learn who's who easier. Looks like it takes ages, but in reality is never much more than about 10 seconds.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Is it just the K****tt part you'd prefer me to leave-out? Or was that just a smartaess (:cool:) comment?

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
So you just stopped bothering reading the second I turned-up again last January? Granted I was a bit of an idiot more than once early in my "comeback", but, well... "way to give a guy a chance" comes to mind TBH.
Well tbh it wasn't entirely due to you and yes, like I said before it was harsh of me.

PY

International Coach
Which is why I'll always make it lethally clear who I'm on about, eg: as Kieran said or I disagree with Smith. Not only does it mean n00bs aren't confused, but rather they then learn who's who easier. Looks like it takes ages, but in reality is never much more than about 10 seconds.
Why not save yourself some time and just use forum names....jeez louise.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Because it saves about... 10 seconds... of time, and makes me feel far more comfortable.

Sorry, but it feels downright daft to say "as pasag <5 random letters> said" or "yes indeed I agree with The Baconator" or "Jungle Jumbo speaks some sense from time to time when he's not on about his wretched Bangladeshis" (JOKE George).

The only time I'm happy using posting-IDs (unless, obviously, the posting-ID is the name eg Brumby or Clapo) is when the person concerned has asked me not to use their real name. Or, obviously, when I don't know said real-name because the person concerned hasn't revealed it (and obviously the wisest thing to do if you don't want your name used is to not reveal it - eg 16toS, Kev "Goughy" and Matt"79").

I'm far happier spending a few extra seconds making it clear to anyone who I'm on about. And, as I say, I feel that way is also far more inclusive. Instead of saying "you're a dumb n00b who I've got to use a posting-ID for" I'm saying "this is ... and you can call him\her that too".

BTW... finally worked-out the Floyd quote in yau sig... well done.

cpr

International Coach
Agreed tbh, on other forums i use most of the time we use first names etc, because we all know each other, and theres not that many regular posters. However heres far busier, with most new sign ups, but still, its hard to call someone you know quite well by some random moniker they chose on a particular day. Lease Richard makes an effort to clarify... how many times do the rest of us just say Gelman/Mitchell/Fuller etc without a second thought, just because Richard uses more, doesnt make it any different

Fiery

Banned
lol yep.

I don't even know what a Gelman is tbh.. Doesn't really bother me, can't see how it's so hard to call your mate by his username though.
exactly. Save the real names for emails. It's cliquey and rude. The people who do it like to exude a veneer of popularity

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Same old ****...3 months on
It'd be foolish to think it'll ever go away, TBH, any of it. And I think most realise it won't.

I'll have to take a bit of a look at myself from time to time; other people will have to comment on how certain types have an agenda against me that surfaces from time to time... etc. etc.

Fact is, my presence is always going to cause controversy. There's no sense denying this, or hoping it'll ever go away. As long as we approach incidents like this with maturity and considered response, matters will be solved satisfactorily. And this particular thread has been one of the best in that respect, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.