• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reverse Alphabetic Draft

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hi guys, time for the reverse alphabetic draft.

The rules are the same as for the alphabetic draft, except everything is done in reverse alphabetic order. That is, from Z to A.

The first round player order is determined by the reverse alphabetic order of your forum username at the time of sign up (Milenko47 is going to regret becoming ataraxia :p).

After the first round, the next person in the draft is determined by the most recent players picked. The person who has drafted the player lowest in reverse alphabetic order picks next. A large part of the strategy of those draft is deciding when to jump ahead to snag a marquee player and when to pick a player close to your existing players.

You may only have one player from each letter (no Sobers and Smith in the same side).

If you want to pick Bradman, you must pick Mahmadullah and counting Mahmadullah have a minimum of 9 players in your side already. Bradman must be your 10th or 11th player.

People had a blast with the last alphabetical draft, hopefully this one is just as much fun.

Who is in?

stephen

Given the importance of each pick, time to pick will be 16h in the first round and 8h in every round thereafter.

ataraxia

International Coach
The first round player order is determined by the reverse alphabetic order of your forum username at the time of sign up (Milenko47 is going to regret becoming ataraxia :p).
As this is arguably technically a revamp of the Back Draft, I will take it to the court that my username for the purposes of this draft is Milenko47. :p

stephen

As this is arguably technically a revamp of the Back Draft, I will take it to the court that my username for the purposes of this draft is Milenko47. :p
Haha fair enough since you played under that username for the alphabetic draft you will henceforth be known as Milenko47 for the reverse draft.

ataraxia

International Coach
Haha fair enough since you played under that username for the alphabetic draft you will henceforth be known as Milenko47 for the reverse draft.
That was a joke but nevermind your ruling is fair.

But in all seriousness, it's only fair that I play as ataraxia in this draft so keep it that way.

Last edited:

stephen

One rule I forgot to mention is that your own picks must be in reverse alphabetic order. You can't pick Pollock and then Smith.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If you pick him without meeting the other conditions you can't have Bradman. Which would be quite funny I guess.
I'm pretty the pair of Bradman and Riyad will be snatched up early on. Mahmudullah is not a bad player at all.
2 centuries in a cricket world cup.

Teuton

International Captain
But you can't pick Mahmuddullah until your 9th pick since after him you can only get Bradman and an A.

Tbh I think it would be interesting with no Bradman penalty whatsoever. It would be a race to pick 9 whio may handicap your team enough anyway?