• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Remembering the flashes in the pan

Bijed

International Regular
IIRC Kirk Edwards had a pretty impressive start to his career (as in first few tests) but starting with his 2012 tour of England pretty never much scored a run again

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Krejza lol

Gets the honor of averaging over 6 wickets a test while getting them at 43 a piece

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think this thread should be about players who had one good match than nothing else.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Ben Cutting had a couple of seasons where he was one of the best domestic quicks in the country but was really pretty much crap either side of that.

I remember when people were saying he was a better prospect than Starc and Patt0, which just seems bat**** insane in hindsight

Gnske

Ben Cutting had a couple of seasons where he was one of the best domestic quicks in the country but was really pretty much crap either side of that.

I remember when people were saying he was a better prospect than Starc and Patt0, which just seems bat**** insane in hindsight
Yeah bloody hell, he was close to debuting in 2011/12 in Brisbane instead of Starc or Patto. How weird that would have been.

Going back to that period of time too, the brief ODI career of Peter Forrest that lasted what, 6 months?

mr_mister

I remember when his batting looked really promising for a while too, not the hit two sixes then hole out to long on style he's shown the past 2-3 seasons

If only he could have fired on both cylinders at once

Gnske

Throwing Ben Cutting up the order for pinch hitting ruined his inspirational vibe, the coaches are to blame.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Narendra Hirwani certainly the most notable that I can think of.

Also that guy who debuted in same test as Lillee. Or was it a game or two ago?

Last edited:

mr_mister

Throwing Ben Cutting up the order for pinch hitting ruined his inspirational vibe, the coaches are to blame.
I feel like he always notches at least one six every dig but never more than 2. I bet he has a huge percentage of dismissals between 10-30

He's like Afridi

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
So would Duminy count? Helped win us a Test series in Aus then basically did nothing for rest of his (unfortunately) long career.