• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Real Life Forum XI

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
IYO, what would you think would be our first XI if we were playing real cricket?

IMO...
1. MA Atherton
2. MS Sinclair
3. PD McGlashan
4. J Neesham (JimmyGS)
5. SJ Singh (SJS)
6. DG Cork?
7. I Pont (Ponty)
8. BJ Taylor (Julian87)
9. JP McNamara (vic_orthodox)
10. MJ McClenaghan
11. TT Davis

Fraz, Social & Goughy to be added, don't know how they play though.
Can anyone give an idea of the level that these guys played at? I know about the top 3 and Cork and Pont but don't know the score with the rest.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Can anyone give an idea of the level that these guys played at? I know about the top 3 and Cork and Pont but don't know the score with the rest.
Te Ahu Davis and Mitch McClenaghan have both played first-class cricket in NZ. Young fellas at the start of their careers, so their records aren't all that impressive (except for McClenaghan's Twenty20 record).

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Davis & McClenghan have played FC cricket for NZ.
Neesham & McNamara have played U/19's for their country.
Singh has a good cricketing pedigree (but never played FC cricket).
Taylor played against Phil Hughes and plays second grade in Sydney. :p

morgieb

Just found out, Andy Gale was selected as captain for the England Lions. Let's not forget how gun Chris Taylor's average is. Will throw them both it despite only owning blogs and never posting here. :p

morgieb

1. MA Atherton
2. MS Sinclair
3. AW Gale
4. CJ Taylor
5. PD McGlashan
6. J Neesham (JimmyGS)
7. DG Cork?
8. I Pont (Ponty)
10. MJ McClenaghan
11. TT Davis

Was Dominic Cork a real member or, as rumoured, a Sledger multi? Know Ajit Agarkar was just a mate of his, lol.

Mr Mxyzptlk

DCYE is a top order batsman for his club side iirc.
Needs to lose some weight. This ain't the 90s...
It doesn't do any of us any harm, when we're posting, to bear in mind that the people we are airly dismissing as being "indisputably total crap" might actually read what we're writing.
I'd love it if Adam Sanford came on here to defend himself.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Can give assurance Rashid Latif has lurked here a few times though haven't met him for the past two years so not sure he still visits these parts nowdays.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
1. MA Atherton
2. MS Sinclair
3. AW Gale
4. CJ Taylor
5. PD McGlashan
6. J Neesham (JimmyGS)
7. DG Cork?
8. I Pont (Ponty)
10. MJ McClenaghan
11. TT Davis

Was Dominic Cork a real member or, as rumoured, a Sledger multi? Know Ajit Agarkar was just a mate of his, lol.
neither

morgieb

Bump.

To add to my side, Martin Crowe comes in, as does Ch00baka probably. No idea how SteveNZ plays, but I'd think he go close at least.

morgieb

1. MA Atherton
2. MS Sinclair
3. MD Crowe
4. AW Gale
5. CJ Taylor
6. JDS Neesham
7. PD McGlashan
8. I Pont (Ponty)
10. MJ McClenaghan