• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

rating players is dumb

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I love the ranking exercises. They're objective and are fun to think about. Every now and then somebody throws in a fun stat like difference between a bowler's average and the overall average of batsmen they dismissed and it inspires great discussions. It gets tedious when someone with an obvious agenda starts bombarding the forum with pointless conveniently chosen metrics.
which hardly ever happens

Burgey

Rating players is like life and (especially) music - there to pass the time in between important things.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I agree with the sentiment of OP but it's still something fun to indulge in. Dumb things can be fun.

TheJediBrah

I don't need to rate it, I'm living it. Suffice to say it's comfortably better than yours because I'm in it.
If we're rating life based on cumulative experiences then you should have most of us comfortably beat