• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RATE HIM: Sachin Tendulkar

How many points would you give to Sachin Tendulkar?(Out of 10)

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
I really do not understand why a hate monger like him is still tolerated on this forum. What more does it take to permanently ban this racist troll.
I think time has come to completely shut him off.
Why don't you all just put him in your ignore list?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If I were to make a rating of 1-10. I'd put Chris Martin at 1, someone like Ganguly at 4, Laxman at 5, Dravid at 7, Ponting at 8, Tendulkar around 9, Bradman at 10. Of course, as SJS mentioned, you have guys like Hobbs and Sobers, who I'd consider better than Tendulkar but obviously not as good as Bradman, and I'm not sure how to rate them without going into fractions. I wouldn't want to make them a 9, because then if I make Tendulkar an 8, then we have some really good players at 7, and Dravid type guys at 6. 6 would be too low for Dravid IMO, because that's merely slightly above average.

On the other hand, I am thinking way too much about this. :p

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I think people who rate him eight or nine are really rating him the same. Its just that some teacher's are stricter in their marking than others. Nine means the same to some as eight does to others.

Those who rate him at 1 are certainly not saying anything about Sachin. They are just being very frank about their personal strong dislikes and one has to at least admire them for being so open about their feelings.

But the person who rated him 5, that is a surprise, Wonder who he rates at six, seven, eight, nine and ten - if anyone :blink:

Athlai

Not Terrible
I rated him 10 because he's just that damn good, if you took Bradman as 10 though I'd still give Sachin a 9.4+ score which was enough for me to vote him 10.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I rated him 10 because he's just that damn good, if you took Bradman as 10 though I'd still give Sachin a 9.4+ score which was enough for me to vote him 10.
Fair enough. Both my sons would rate him the same as you :)

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
If I were to make a rating of 1-10. I'd put Chris Martin at 1, someone like Ganguly at 4, Laxman at 5, Dravid at 7, Ponting at 8, Tendulkar around 9, Bradman at 10. Of course, as SJS mentioned, you have guys like Hobbs and Sobers, who I'd consider better than Tendulkar but obviously not as good as Bradman, and I'm not sure how to rate them without going into fractions. I wouldn't want to make them a 9, because then if I make Tendulkar an 8, then we have some really good players at 7, and Dravid type guys at 6. 6 would be too low for Dravid IMO, because that's merely slightly above average.

On the other hand, I am thinking way too much about this. :p
Of course, you probably should take into account ODI's, if not T20's. Based on that, Ganguly's rating would be higher, for instance.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I hope u also gave him 10/10...........
I cant give him 10 since he is not Bradman.

I cant give him 9 since he isn't Sobers (whom I have seen) or Jack Hobbs whom I haven't but would put right up their just below Bradman.

Thats the reason to give him 8. Which still puts him amongst the top dozen batsmen in the history of the game.
There :)

Laurrz

International Debutant
Definitely wasn't just that.
Am well aware of what he's done, he got a warning.. and if he did it again yea i guess fair enough

but this doesnt constitute a 2nd warning imo.. guess i should watch out how i answer polls next time :laugh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Am well aware of what he's done, he got a warning.. and if he did it again yea i guess fair enough

but this doesnt constitute a 2nd warning imo.. guess i should watch out how i answer polls next time :laugh:
If you want to be sideshowtim's advocate, that's all well and good, but he made offensive comments all around the board and deserved to get banned.

You just have to look at the India thread in the Olympic forum to realise that. Unless you condone such behaviour of course.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS

Obviously it wasn't how he answered the poll, but for how he finished the post. He was on a final warning as well for this exact sort of behaviour (not to mention being twice banned for it in the past) and was well aware of the consequences.

Anyways, as I said, back on topic please.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Its really not that, but if you want to be sideshowtim's advocate, that's all well and good, but he made offensive comments all around the board and deserved to get banned.

You just have to look at the India thread in the Olympic forum to realise that. Unless you condone such behaviour of course.
That's getting kinda OTT isn't it?

Like he was condoning what was said in the other thread? He didn't even mention it and was plainly having a lend having read the posts on this thread. We're not getting to the point where someone makes a post like Laurrz's and we insinuate they're racist are we?