• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rashid Khan appreciation thread

who is better

• Rashid Khan

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Shane Warne

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Steve Tikolo

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What kind of super food are these guys eating to accelerate their testosterone growth and such to have a beard at age 7?

Bijed

International Regular
This thread is seriously in need of a revival

Cricket Records | Records | Afghanistan v Zimbabwe ODI Series, 2017/18 - Afghanistan | | Batting and bowling averages | ESPNcricinfo

I know it's only against Zimbabwe, but 16 wickets in 5 games at an average of slightly under 8!

Made a very nice 43 off 29 balls today too.

I know I posted pretty much this in another thread, but:

rashidisagun.png

When that list updates, he'll be on 86 wickets from 36 games (at an average of 13.26!), 13 ahead of the previous record and guaranteed to take the record for most wickets after x matches up to 42 games!

Attachments

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He's ranked #1 in ODI bowling now too. I know Afghanistan has Test status now but it's still an amazing feat for a bowler who plays for a country yet to play a Test at all.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The quality of the allrounder ratings was always demonstrated by Steyn's high positioning in the test rankings.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Where do you guys predict Rashid Khan will end his career? In the pantheon of Warne/Murali/Saqlain or fall off like Mendis/Narine or somewhere in between? Predict his final wicket count and let us see in 5 years time who gets it right.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Where do you guys predict Rashid Khan will end his career? In the pantheon of Warne/Murali/Saqlain or fall off like Mendis/Narine or somewhere in between? Predict his final wicket count and let us see in 5 years time who gets it right.
His final wicket count in tests or ODIs? How many test matches have Afghanistan got scheduled?

300 wickets in ODIs.

Howe_zat

Audio File
He's already achieved about as much as Mendis and quite a bit more than Narine of all people.

madrid2000

Cricket Spectator
I don't know about test. So many unknowns. Will he be good in tests? Will Afghanistan play more then 50 tests next 10 years? No one knows.

In ODI he will end with at least 300 wickets. Maybe upto 400-450. Depends on how quickly he is found out. Remember he will play every match for Afghanistan as our biggest star.

In T20I maybe 250.

In T20 maybe 500.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
He's already achieved about as much as Mendis and quite a bit more than Narine of all people.
I was focusing more on the falling off thing, more than comparing their stats. Both Mendis and Narine had a very strong start in ODIs/T20s before quickly falling off.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I will go with 150 in tests, 300 in ODIs and 300 in T20Is. Lesser in tests mainly due to Afghans scarcely getting tests over the next few years.

TheJediBrah

It's always going to be hard to tell because he will end up having played a huge proportion of his games against lower quality opposition, but it's definitely looking good so far and he is still excellent even against the best opposition.

morgieb

Ehh, he's only played 13 ODI's against Top 9 opposition. And only 3 when you take out Bangladesh and the West Indies. He's admittedly done very well in those matches but right now he's still quite unproven against the best sides.