• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rank, in terms of personal importance, the value of these triumphs for your team?

thierry henry

International Coach
Totally illogical given I’m your standard CW test cricket nerd, but I think an ODI WC win would be tops for me. Have to whisper this around my fellow Black Caps fans but…the WTC was not quite the same feeling as winning an actual tournament and did not truly remove the World Cup monkey from my back. As much as I consider the T20 WC to be fairly meaningless, it would even feel like a bit of a weight was lifted if we won that.

At the same time, I feel like we have already peaked and then some as far as ODI WC performances go - general over-achievement throughout ODI WC history, plus consecutive finals - so I am trying to not get my hopes up at all for future tournaments and have told myself that the ship has sailed.

thierry henry

International Coach
In large part I’m just salty (a) the boozy all-nighter I had planned with friends on day 1 ended up involving no cricket and (b) I was so pre-occupied with work (which is definitely not normal) that I wasn’t able to watch the last few days properly or celebrate it properly.

Flem274*

123/5
I took leave to watch the whole thing. It was cathartic af.

Like, everyone outside England knows England got huge strokes of luck and say it quietly, umpiring incompetence, to tie. Fair enough, that's cricket, Stokes was a golden God that day.

But then to be robbed by a ridiculous technicality by this already tenuous tied team who's fans and media blame everyone but themselves for currently 14 years and counting of no test victories on our soil was quite something.

I thought our confidence was shot after that tbh but India 2020 got NZ back on the bike and Australia's incompetence at beating a C team secured our spot somewhat fortuitously and I don't feel bad at all after 2019.

Then we had a pretty awesome final tbh. That game was awesome. I thought Ashwin might steal it at one point when all hope seemed lost for India.

subshakerz

International Coach

Like, everyone outside England knows England got huge strokes of luck and say it quietly, umpiring incompetence, to tie. Fair enough, that's cricket, Stokes was a golden God that day.

But then to be robbed by a ridiculous technicality by this already tenuous tied team who's fans and media blame everyone but themselves for currently 14 years and counting of no test victories on our soil was quite something.

I thought our confidence was shot after that tbh but India 2020 got NZ back on the bike and Australia's incompetence at beating a C team secured our spot somewhat fortuitously and I don't feel bad at all after 2019.

Then we had a pretty awesome final tbh. That game was awesome. I thought Ashwin might steal it at one point when all hope seemed lost for India.
I hope by the end of the decade we see both NZ and SA with a limited over trophy.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
For India, It will be as below imo.

BG series - vs Australia
ODI World Cup
Test series vs Pakistan if it happens
Away vs England
Away vs NZ
Away vs SA
T20 World Cup
Test/ODI/T20 series vs the rest

subshakerz

International Coach
For India, It will be as below imo.

BG series - vs Australia
ODI World Cup
Test series vs Pakistan if it happens
Away vs England
Away vs NZ
Away vs SA
T20 World Cup
Test/ODI/T20 series vs the rest
Interested to know why SA isnt higher for you given that India has never won there.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Away test series in Australia
Away test series in England
Away test series in South Africa
Away test series in New Zealand
Home test series against Australia
Home test series against England
Home test series against South Africa
Home test series against New Zealand
ODI World Cup

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Amazing that you can write about us blaming anyone and everyone for anything after that whinge in the second paragraph.

Flem274*

123/5
Amazing that you can write about us blaming anyone and everyone for anything after that whinge in the second paragraph.
the second para was two sentences, one of which called ben stokes a golden god.

more english perpetual victimhood smh.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
the second para was two sentences, one of which called ben stokes a golden god.

more english perpetual victimhood smh.
Fine the first half of the second para. Anyway it’s quite the opposite of what you describe. I didn’t want to say this but ‘years without winning a series in NZ’ is just not something England fans (or the media) talk about other than when we’re actually playing in NZ. You’ve just invented the concept of us making excuses about it.

Flem274*

123/5
Fine the first half of the second para. Anyway it’s quite the opposite of what you describe. I didn’t want to say this but ‘years without winning a series in NZ’ is just not something England fans (or the media) talk about other than when we’re actually playing in NZ. You’ve just invented the concept of us making excuses about it.
*one sentence.

it's not inventing if it happens every time you show up and don't win. i don't discuss my terrible non-efforts in the field every day but you can be sure i have an excuse for everything during my sporadic social t20 games when i cbf moving slightly to stop a ball. same thing with the poms.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
*one sentence.

it's not inventing if it happens every time you show up and don't win. i don't discuss my terrible non-efforts in the field every day but you can be sure i have an excuse for everything during my sporadic social t20 games when i cbf moving slightly to stop a ball. same thing with the poms.
Nah it really is just a chip on your shoulder