• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rank, in terms of personal importance, the value of these triumphs for your team?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It would be interesting if we were to have like an actual WTC tournament instead of the league. Say the top 8 teams in 2 groups of 4, each playing 3 tests and then the top 2 going through to a Super 4 and facing the two from the other group each and then a final. It could be done in like 8 weeks. If such a thing were to happen, I assume the WTC would should up the order for most fans. As of now, it is so unbalanced that it doesn't really mean that much.
I’d love to see something like that take place because I love tests so much, but I just don’t think the nations will give up their home seasons to do something which would take that long.

Would also be a real test of the depth of squads playing that many tests so close rather than your top XI in a one-off, but that’s not a bad thing either I guess.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I’d love to see something like that take place because I love tests so much, but I just don’t think the nations will give up their home seasons to do something which would take that long.

Would also be a real test of the depth of squads playing that many tests so close rather than your top XI in a one-off, but that’s not a bad thing either I guess.
Once in 4 years, it would be worth it IMO.

Flem274*

123/5
It would probably require a bit of money sharing to compensate teams who lose home seasons and cricket boards aren't very good at sharing for everyones benefit.

Shady Slim

International Coach
i would say for me
england away
india away
wtc
odiwc
other away's in test
ct
t20wc

part of the england and india away being above the wtc is that if we win away in england and or india, a fortiori, the wtc is ours lol

Daemon

Aus/SA=Eng/NZ/Pak in that order
World Cup
T20 World Cup
Away SL/WI
Champions Trophy

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Bit torn on the CT. It's a really fun tournament and more interesting cricket to me personally than the WT20 due to my strong ODI preference over T20, but if you win the WT20 you annoy a lot more people, which is a huge bonus.

Actually I'd like to add those really obviously cbf jamodi series into the mix too, where neither team is remotely trying to select a sensible side and someone is definitely being broadcast at 3am back home. Those are hilarious and I love it when a jammy band of randomly picked FC cricketers do okay. I miss our midwinter midnight jaunts through Sri Lanka, UAE and India back in the early to mid 2010s where 18 of the 22 players on field would never make a first eleven.

OverratedSanity

Assuming every Indian fan's just not mentioning nidahas trophy because it's too obvious to be number 1. So I'll do the same.

Pakistan (any format)
Away SA/England
Away Australia (would be first but we keep winning there so it's less important now)
Away NZ
ODI WC
All other home/away test series
WTC
World t20
Champions trophy
Jamodis
Jamt20s

subshakerz

International Coach
Assuming every Indian fan's just not mentioning nidahas trophy because it's too obvious to be number 1. So I'll do the same.

Pakistan (any format)
Away SA/England
Away Australia (would be first but we keep winning there so it's less important now)
Away NZ
ODI WC
All other home/away test series
WTC
World t20
Champions trophy
Jamodis
Jamt20s
How is winning in NZ more than a ODI WC?

subshakerz

International Coach
The odi wc hasn't felt special to me since we won in 2011. Despite the fact that India made it deep in both WCs since then. I felt way worse during/after the McCullum triple as a fan than I did after the 2015/2019 semifinals.
India winning 1-0 in a 2-matcher in NZ to me can't match a once in a generation WC.